Welcome! » »

Quiz

Posted by kevincharley 
Quiz
August 31, 2014 08:03PM
Would there be a possibility of having a similar logging system for the quiz as there is for all other competitions?

I used to keep a separate, manual log but I've become lazy/don't have enough hours in a day. But now I have to go through each question on the last day to make sure I've answered them all (so it would probably be quicker to go back to keeping a manual record!). This month I was certain I'd missed one but, having looked through them all I can't be certain any more. Being able to strike through as and when I've answered would be a real bonus.

Deborah
Re: Quiz
September 01, 2014 06:30AM
I think the priority should be to maximise the number of comps. I do hope requests for logs don't detract from that.
September 01, 2014 10:41AM
Miketerry, I agree wholeheartedly but I believe the technical wizardry is dealt with by somebody different to who lists the competitions. (I think this was mentioned in a previous post by ukinet) If this is the case then one shouldn't affect the other.

Also, I don't know how big a job this would be. If it's a massive rewriting of the programme then no, it's not worth it. If, however, it's a minor tweak then bring it on.

My suggestion was, after all, just a suggestion, not a demand.

Deborah
September 04, 2014 04:06PM
Hmm, the problem with this is the quiz and some other of our comps allow daily entries, if I were to log it then it would appear as logged tomorrow too, so not sure if this is workable, maybe it is, I'll have a think.
I take it you'd like it to appear with a line through if you'd entered it for the day?
September 05, 2014 09:42AM
Thanks for looking into this. I would be happy for a line through, or if the question didn't reappear, or if just the unanswered ones appeared at the end of the month. (too much choice? smiling smiley )

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄