Welcome! » »

CATEGORISING THE PRIZES

Posted by needawin 
CATEGORISING THE PRIZES
January 17, 2012 12:04PM
I am a keen CC competitor. On occasion I would visit other comp sites but find CC the best. However, I notice in other sites that the prizes appear in a list of different categories if selected. I find this very useful in weeding out the comps that I would not enter. Any chance of using this feature on CC? Pete.
Re: CATEGORISING THE PRIZES
January 18, 2012 10:51AM
Hi Pete,
Could you explain what you mean in a bit more detail, I'm not sure what you're saying.
Do you have an example?

Thanks.
January 18, 2012 01:31PM
If you look at " uk competitions" for example you will see on the left a section where the prize types are listed in yellow. "Computer related", "Fashion", "Cash" , "Holidays", "Music" etc. I am chasing an iPad or laptop so I go for those categories. Peter
January 22, 2012 10:31PM
Hi Peter,
I see what you mean.
My thoughts are that if we do something like that site then the sections might become a little too diluted, or the section section could be a bit too crowded.

That being said I could think about some sort of sub section in the form of tags, for instance a competition for an ipad would have tags along the lines of 'electronics', 'apple', 'computer', 'tablet' etc. They could appear in each competition screen somewhere so you can click on them to display other competitions with similar tags.

Does that sound like something that could add value?
January 23, 2012 08:57AM
Yes, I think that would be a help. Thanks, Peter
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄