Facebook Competitions
December 01, 2011 11:29AM
Hi

I was wondering if it was at all possible to have a seperate section for all the Facebook / Twitter Competitions?

This will make it easier to enter or NOT enter as the case may be.

Thx Sue
Re: Facebook Competitions
January 17, 2012 11:48AM
Excellent idea Sue. Pete
January 18, 2012 10:50AM
I'll bring this up with the powers that be and see what happens.
September 09, 2012 11:23AM
im not a fan of social network sites so i wouldnt enter these comps,twitter is for people with no friends
September 11, 2013 09:01PM
I'm not a fan either. I just delete but if there was a separate section it would make it easier.
February 12, 2014 09:04PM
Any Facebook or Twitter competitions could be marked (f) or ( t) so that the compers who have a life could just bypass these if it is not possible to do it separately
February 14, 2014 06:09PM
Its great that these are now included on the front page horizontal index, I used to forget about them! This site just gets better and better, wonderful.
February 22, 2014 07:54AM
please warn compers if sharing a lot on facebook competitions to use their account normally eg posting ect frequently to prevent being suspended. I was suspended for 30 days last year and accused of spamming because all I was using my account for was entering competitions.
best wishes
Peter Redpath
February 23, 2014 02:18PM
I too use my Facebook account only for competitions. Food for thought, Peter.
May 30, 2014 06:50AM
Well done for the separate face book or twitter heading but could these be marked F OR T When they are in THE LATEST COMPETITION COLUMNS so that we can discard them easily it is very disappointing to see a great prize comp and then after opening it find that you can't enter it. Especially as more firms seem to be adopting this annoying way of posting comps
May 30, 2014 08:57AM
Nanny sharon Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well done for the separate face book or twitter
> heading but could these be marked F OR T When
> they are in THE LATEST COMPETITION COLUMNS so that
> we can discard them easily it is very
> disappointing to see a great prize comp and then
> after opening it find that you can't enter it.
> Especially as more firms seem to be adopting this
> annoying way of posting comps

Yes, it's something I need to do, I'm looking at marking all comps with a domain name as someone mentioned before.

Just a question as a none comper myself. Are Facebook comps that bad? If so why, to me it's just another comp to enter.
May 30, 2014 09:15AM
I just mnade a change to the way the comps are displayed.
Any good?

It's not quite guaranteed to show you if it's facebook of twitter as it relies on the section we put it in, for example we might put a car comp in the car section even if it requires facebook or twitter interaction.
So, I shall look at adding an option for when we add comps to check if it needs them.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/30/2014 10:35AM by ukinet.
May 30, 2014 08:15PM
Yes face book competitions and twitter are a problem if you are not a member of either and do not wish to become one , it discriminates against normal people ,but these comps are sadly getting very common
May 30, 2014 08:21PM
I also meant to say (before I got trigger happy with the send button) yes it is helpful that you have put where the comp originated but For me a large T or F (twitter /Facebook )would do thankyou
June 19, 2014 07:39AM
I have given up comping on Twitter as there are so many it was taking me too much time, chances of winning are higher but prizes are often low value. There can be hundreds of new ones posted daily especially on Fridays, so I wonder if CC needs devote to time to keeping track of them. Also Twitter comps duration can be very short, some close with in 24 hours.

I do the CC Facebook comps and some have excellent prizes.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄