Welcome! » »

Link not Working button

Posted by Illusive 
Link not Working button
February 02, 2011 12:09PM
As title says I was wondering if we could have a link not working button because have had 2 of those today and you maybe able to repost the competition with a working link.
Re: Link not Working button
September 04, 2013 02:13PM
Thankfully find this is a rare occurrence and sometimes if you try entering a few days later it works so I guess the promoter is soon made aware anyway.
March 21, 2015 10:48AM
The problem is if you've clicked though and the link doesn't work, it usually now strikes that comp through so you can't remember that you haven't entered. It would be useful to be able to 'untick' if a link doesn't work.
March 21, 2015 12:54PM
Kazbeth, I agree totally, I commented about this a while back. If you use the 'new' competition link it strikes through, but if you use the old method of 'Click here to enter' you have control, the competition isn't crossed through until you hit the 'Complog Click This Button'. I couldn't (and still can't) see the benefit of the quick link, but I was told that this was here to stay and the old method would be removed, basically I could like it or lump it. But that was months ago and the old method is still available so I suggest you use this as long as it's available.

Deborah
March 31, 2015 07:58AM
I report any links that don't work, there haven't been many recently.
March 31, 2015 10:20AM
miketerry I saw 3 in as many days over the weekend. Judging by my place on the 'leaderboard' I am way behind a lot of you so why, if the 'link not working' button is being used, am I still finding them? It's not always that the competition has closed early (although occasionally this has been the case therefore nobody to blame but myself) as I can still find it by going to the host website or by using another, free, competition site.

Deborah
March 31, 2015 10:31AM
Hi Deborah, thanks, I have got behind recently so maybe the broken links were reported and fixed before I got to enter. I did get completely up to date for some weeks earlier and would have been an early spotter then but don't recall finding many.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄