Welcome! » »

Ladder points and coins

Posted by ukinet 
Re: Ladder points and coins
September 14, 2014 11:24AM
Simple answer is use the second icon, and log with the 3rd and 4th.
That is exactly the same as the old way, so no loss.

The ladder is not going, just because a few don't like it, plenty do.

BUT THE OLD WAY IS STILL POSSIBLE WITH THE SMALL ICONS, USE THAT AND FORGET THE LADDER, SIMPLE...
Den
September 14, 2014 11:59AM
I totally agree kevincharley & rolysb. It has got far too confusing lately. The original system was much better. Why all the different options, surely you only need one button to click on to access the competition and get the answer, and then click to confirm you have entered it, and ladder and cc points are meaningless.
September 14, 2014 01:51PM
Is this what you meant by "Lighten up. This is getting as serious as football."
September 15, 2014 02:14PM
I agree completely with the above comments,

CC please don't waste precious time and resources on these unnecessry and fruitless functions. Let's have more competitions found and listed instead.
September 15, 2014 02:20PM
I agree with rolysb and kevincharley,

CC please concentrate on what we subscribe for ie more and more competitions and don't waste limited resources on silly unwanted add ons.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/15/2014 02:21PM by whynotme?.
September 15, 2014 02:23PM
I don't belive that 'plenty do ' like the ladder etc. The silent majority usually are usually just that SILENT, AND STOICALLY PUT UP WITH THINGS ENFORCED ON THEM
September 15, 2014 08:33PM
If everyone who does not like the ladder removes their profile then the penny might drop
September 16, 2014 07:24AM
how do you remove your profile ?
September 25, 2014 08:27AM
I'm very grateful for all that is done to this great comping resource, thank you. Good luck everyone.
September 25, 2014 08:59AM
I'm with miketerry on this one - great value site, lots of competitions, 'harmless' ladder and points system, yet far too much unnecessary criticism.
October 03, 2014 07:39PM
Totally agree with Miketerry and Pippin. I love this site for the competitions. It is brilliant value for money. The ladder is a bit of harmless fun. Please stop the criticism. Life is too short to get so upset about a ladder!
January 06, 2015 12:12PM
I have not looked at the ladder for a while as it has long been accepted that it is meaningless and the points and coins are worthless. However I am amazed that despite entering every competition this month I am am behind 2 other competitors by more than 40 points.How can this be?
January 06, 2015 01:40PM
It's because rolysb is an expert at finding 'loopholes' though he/she doesn't like that word. Happy comping to you all.
January 06, 2015 01:57PM
Hello Pippin. Happy New year.

Loopholes you say? Well I thought you had the knack of finding loopholes on here. Yes, there have been a few but it seems they have now been rounded up and dealt with.

From recent Forum posts, it seems that users of the site are not fully reading the information that is posted to be informative and helpful when navigating the website.

Regarding your comment that I am an 'expert' at finding loopholes - I have exactly the same information in front of me as others have. The answer is to read and act on information given. It's as simple as that. Happy comping to you too 'L'
January 06, 2015 04:11PM
Hi Rolysb - Happy New Year to you too. Yes I found a cracking loophole once and ended up with literally twice as many ladder points as anyone else. Strangely I got quite a buzz out of this for a while but the novelty soon wore off. My favourite has to be when CC compers realised you could get ladder points for entering overseas competitions as well.

You're quite right. All the information is there if you look for it. Winners of 'Our Competitions' are announced on the same page as the next month's questions are asked (Rebus etc) except for the monthly general knowledge quiz which has its own forum slot.

I was quite relieved about the lull in 'ladder talk' but now it seems I'm beginning to become the culprit again.
January 14, 2015 11:00AM
Hi. I have entered the"Open the Box" competition (1 entry). It appears that coins were deducted from my total, but nothing happened. I do appreciate that this may simply mean that I didn't win anything, but would have thought it might tell me I wasn't successful? Could Admin please confirm that my entry did register? Many thanks.
January 14, 2015 12:05PM
Hi Aldonzo. To answer your query: something did happen. If you look above the boxes there is a grid/rules which tells you what each box might contain. Either some coins, or a voucher, or nothing. When you click on the box it reveals your 'prize'. Unfortunately you won nothing this time. Regarding Admin - there has been no response since September despite attempts to contact them. A number of issues have been raised but we are still waiting.

Happy and successful comping.
January 14, 2015 07:06PM
I have entered this competition a few times at the start but don't bother now as points and coins are worthless. No idea why the ladder or points is continued with as it is going nowhere fast.
January 15, 2015 10:58AM
It's not strictly true to say the ladder points are worthless. I used mine to play the Open The Box game and won a £5 garden centre voucher (costs 1000 CC coins each time you play - these coins are accumulated at the same time as you get your ladder points and so the more ladder points you have, the more CC coins you have). There is supposed to be, on average, 1 voucher for every 64 boxes. However, I did notice on the last game, there were none.
January 16, 2015 11:27AM
Thank you for your reply.
January 17, 2015 12:04PM
I also use mine to play the Open The Box game or whatever game is there, I can't think of any other use for them.
January 17, 2015 12:07PM
PS the last game finished a few days ago and wasn't there long.
January 18, 2015 03:04PM
On this game there were only 6 prizes, and all of these were coins. I really see little incentive to play
January 18, 2015 03:40PM
I think the ladder is unnecessary, but I don't wish to be ungrateful and if others enjoy it fair enough.
September 21, 2015 07:37AM
I am intrigued. How do you build up so many ladder points and coins so quickly. I enter all the comps, press the lotto but the points go up very, very slowly. Others have thousands of points?
September 21, 2015 11:11AM
Hi FerneH

After an initial, quite long lived craze regarding ladder points, including lots of sometimes quite heated posts in the forum (me as guilty as anyone), there are very few regular CC compers who care about or even look at the ladder anymore. There is just no point. The only reward is that the more points you achieve, the more coins you have to enter the Open The Box competition. You gain just 4 or 5 coins for each competition you enter and it 'costs' 1000 coins to open just one box (1 out of 64) - so your chances of winning are quite remote anyway. The prize for hitting the jackpot is a £10 garden centre voucher.

Are you entering competitions via the 5th icon from the right (green tick in front of two brown boxes)? You should accumulate ladder points if you enter this way.

My ladder points total is an rough indication of how many points you 'should' have if you enter every single competition. There are other more complicated ways of accumulating points such as 'liking' CC on Facebook and getting your friends to 'like' CC too, but I can't be bothered with that. I enter every single competition to try and win competitions - ladder points are just a side effect.

Pippin
September 21, 2015 01:18PM
Thank you, I am entering and using the buttons - i'l just keep going. here's to lots of wins!!smileys with beer
October 28, 2015 09:30AM
I can't believe I actually made it into the top 20 this month - woo hoo!!
January 07, 2018 10:00PM
Where on the site can you check how many coins you have earnt.I can't seem to find it.
January 10, 2018 05:53PM
You should se it at the foot of the page, there's a bar with the wording:

New: Ladder, CompLog+ You have a level (1 or2) account, did you know you can upgrade to add extra time to your account?You have xxx CC Coins.

If you have a toolbar across the bottom of your screen it may just be hidden from view.

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄