Welcome! » »

DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY WIN?

Posted by Rudders 
DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY WIN?
April 30, 2011 08:27AM
I SIGNED UP TO COMPETITORS COMPANION LAST YER BUT STILL AWAITING MY FIRST WIN DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY WIN OR DO THEY HAVE A TACTIC ABOUT HOW THEY WIN ?
Re: DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY WIN?
May 29, 2011 11:21AM
I signed up last July and had no success until a month ago when I won a holiday in Thailand (through Conde Nast Magazine). I was starting to get cynical about it too but must have entered hundreds (mostly holiday and travel). I think it must be a numbers game so I would hang on in there, no tactics just enter everything you are interested in. I don't do any which involve tie-breaks or slogans - just stick to the draws. I will be renewing my subscription in July and going to see if I win anthing else (however small) by the end of the year.
June 05, 2011 08:55PM
I've had an amazing month, I love this site, it does help enormously, hang on in there
June 06, 2011 09:17AM
kwl well done so what sort prises did u win ?
June 15, 2011 11:29AM
Diet Coke comp (visit to London and a personal stylist and
June 15, 2011 06:06PM
2 nights in scotland
June 17, 2011 10:37AM
Have been a CC member for over a year and won nothing.What I do notice though when I look at the winner's page the same names crop up time and time again.How can this be?
June 19, 2011 09:33AM
Congratulation on the win!

I wound`t discount slogan competitions as numbers generally much lower. Draws area numbers game henceythe low win to entry ratio.

Also, a positive attitude mindset helps to get through the difficult lean periods!

[hypnosisreallyworks.co.uk]
June 21, 2011 04:36PM
benevie27 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Have been a CC member for over a year and won
> nothing.What I do notice though when I look at the
> winner's page the same names crop up time and time
> again.How can this be?

The winners page relies on people telling us they won, so if you won three prizes and told us about them then your name would appear three times.
June 23, 2011 10:53AM
That is exactly what I mean how can the same people win prize after prize.
June 25, 2011 03:16PM
benevie27 Wrote:
> That is exactly what I mean how can the same
> people win prize after prize.

I guess they are dedicated to entering a lot of competitions and get lucky from time to time.
June 26, 2011 03:37PM
I am probably one of them that you see their name quite a lot, I have been entering comps for over twenty years and as others have said its just about doing what you want to win and as many as possible I spend on average fifteen to twenty hours a week ! I know sado but its been very profitable, Rome Austria Gemany(world cup) Egypt loads of other stuff but its luck of the draw and perseverance Good Luck.
June 26, 2011 07:26PM
Could not agree more. Been doing this for over thirty years and its been very worthwhile. You have lean spells ( did not win a bean over a 12 month period ) and great periods where a won a dozen prizes in one week!
I spend an hour every day doing comps, it's all about perseverance and just plain luck!
As the saying does; You have to be in it to win it!
August 12, 2011 12:58PM
I am new to Competitors Companion. Over the years, though, I have won lots of prizes,including holidays. I have tended to keep away from free prize draws, because of the time commitment, but now that I have more time I think the site is proving very helpful.
I agree that the prize draws must be a numbers game, so I will stick at it!
September 23, 2011 11:00PM
Hi. I have been with this company 4hours, entered 30 competitions and haven't won anything:-). Very Dissapointed......Only Joking. True about the membership time though, but hoping to win something eventually. Did win a HD tele last year with another competition company which more than covered my membership with them. Understand you can tick auto entry with this company, but not knowing which ones they have entered on my behalf I could end up entering the same competition twice and forfiet any prize. Is there anyway to find this out? Thanks
September 30, 2011 08:18AM
kevpet Wrote:
> Hi. I have been with this company 4hours, entered
> 30 competitions and haven't won anything:-). Very
> Dissapointed......

thumbs up I joined about 6 weeks ago, and within two days won an iPod, which i have to admit i wasn't expecting - i was very suspicious when i got the phone call, assuming it was a scam - i feel a bit churlish now...

anyway, nothing since then, but frankly i wouldn't expect anything thus far, and have every intention of carrying on.
November 29, 2011 06:51PM
I have been doing competitions for years and have won nothing i wonder what i am doing wrong I have been with cc for under a year but i have been doing take a break,and chat, for 20 years or more plus thats life, and full house but still won nothing it seems funny that i have won nothing in all those years I am beginning to wonder if i am just unlucky surely I should have won something I am wondering if its worth carrying on is there anyone that can advise me what i am doing wrong
thankyou
November 30, 2011 07:17AM
I am the same entered competitons for years and won nothing I enter everything even slogan and tie break comps but I am disheartened with it all even a little win would be nice.Been with CC for 18 months but nothing here as well.
November 30, 2011 07:21PM
does anyone think its to do with age when you enter competitions because if you notice so many ask your age and if you miss doing the ones that says age you still have to enter your birthdates when you sign up in the first place. so they have got you there .if so its only the young that stands a chance
December 02, 2011 08:55AM
I often wonder why they ask your age might be right there,if you are over fifty like me your entry could be ignored.
December 16, 2011 08:25PM
My advice to rudders is simple. It is not enough to sign up to CC. You actually have to enter some comps as well.
January 04, 2012 10:10PM
I guess you can call me an old hand at this, I have been comping for more than 30 years and during this time have won over
January 06, 2012 10:08AM
lets try again. I have been entering for more than 30 years and have won over
January 06, 2012 10:10AM
lets try again. I have been entering for more than 30 years and have won over
January 06, 2012 10:11AM
I give up doesnt accept whole post
January 23, 2012 10:09AM
i bet some people sit at the pc all day doing comps, some of us have to work grinning smiley
January 23, 2012 02:52PM
Ukraine32 Wrote:
> I give up doesnt accept whole post

Hi Ukraine32,
What are you trying to post? is it a copy paste? I'd like to know where the forum is failing so I can fix it if it is.

Thanks.
January 24, 2012 07:51AM
Well said Ravenchild some of us do work .I enter as many comps as I can and have to do it aroond working as well.
January 25, 2012 07:29PM
Time for an update - i have been doing CC for 5 months, and enter pretty much every competition.

So far, 5 prizes - as it happens i hav given them all away to various people, but that's not really the point.
January 25, 2012 07:38PM
Hello Fellow Compers,
I have been an upgraded member of CC for 2 years and have not won a single internet competition, over the last two years, I have won over 70 prizes from Postcard or Slogan competitons!! But as they say "You have to be in it to WIN it" I shall be renewing my subscription thou, Hopefully 2012 will be my year on Internet competitions, Good Luck Fellow Compers as well
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄