Welcome! » »

DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY WIN?

Posted by Rudders 
RE Sitting at computer all day by ravenschild.
January 26, 2012 09:57AM
Don't forget there are hundreds of thousands of people, disabled, unwell, housebound, unemployed and lonely who regard a computer and the internet as a lifeline to the outside world. Also the same who enjoy the thrill of comping even though they never win anything. Re winnings; in the last 2 weeks I have won three times on the National Lottery.
Only half message published
January 26, 2012 10:04AM
Agree with other posters that most of the time only part of a message is printed. Just posting a normal message. nothing fancy.
Re: DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY WIN?
January 26, 2012 03:59PM
From another competition site -"Most popular Competition was:Win one of 3 amazing iPad 2s!Total number of entries:792762" Obviously not all competitions are as popular but it gives you some idea of the chances of winning some comps. I enter loads (hundreds per month) and if I win one a month I'm lucky - I read of people who win nearly every day and I am not sure how they do it (or whether they actually do). Best advice is just keep entering and don't expect to win and then when you do, it's a lovely surprise.
January 26, 2012 04:02PM
Sorry - the number of entries in my previous message should have been 79278 (not as bad as nearly a million but still pretty daunting)
January 29, 2012 10:21AM
I've returned to comping after a long break - previously it was all slogans and entry forms, when I was quite successful. Now 99% of comps are online and winning is pure chance. I enter around 20 - 30 a day [takes 30 minutes or so topside?] say almost 1,000 a year. I'd be surprised if any comp has less than 10,000 entries. Which means I have at best a 1 in 10 chance of winning anything over the year. BUT that one win might be a 'holiday of a lifetime' or something equally excellent. And so I I'm happy to put in my 30 minutes a day based on those odds. If I entered each one EXPECTING to win I'd be racked with disappointment all day every day!
February 05, 2012 07:16PM
Just looked on the winners page and some one has won 12 prizes,how can one person win all this,and before the reply is they must be a dedicated comper,I class my self as a dedicated comper with hundreds on the go at the moment but sometimes I sometimes wonder why I bother if one person can win so many.
February 06, 2012 04:51PM
benevie27 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Just looked on the winners page and some one has
> won 12 prizes,how can one person win all this,and
> before the reply is they must be a dedicated
> comper,I class my self as a dedicated comper with
> hundreds on the go at the moment but sometimes I
> sometimes wonder why I bother if one person can
> win so many.

As mentioned before the winners page is compiled by users informing us of their wins.
The person who reported 12 wins might have won them over 10 years or 10 weeks, they may not have even won them at all, we only have their word for it.
CC is a competition portal, the only competitions we run and have access to winner information are the one that appear under the 'our competitions' section.

All I can say is keep plugging away, we aim to make the task of entering competitions for you as easy as possible so you can enter more and increase your chances of winning.

Good luck.
February 07, 2012 07:58AM
this person posts wins every week but I will keep plodding on love CC site.
February 07, 2012 06:22PM
I've had a few wins over the past 2 years but nothing spectacular. Biggest was value
April 02, 2012 07:55AM
Still waiting for my first win of anything but love entering the comps so I hope 2012 is a good year,Has anyone else not won anything and is a bit disheartened?
April 02, 2012 11:12AM
7 minor wins on Euromillions in last 5 weeks. Biggest amount
April 02, 2012 11:14AM
Why does the full message not appear. This is a regular problem.
April 12, 2012 04:16PM
After about 8 weeks with nothing i just won flights to Germany and
April 20, 2012 11:49PM
I won
April 24, 2012 08:01AM
Good man Geoff. Well done. Any details?
June 27, 2012 08:24PM
I just posted a few very nice wins that I had last year smiling smiley

Have also just heard that I've won a fancy music system from a comp I entered a couple of weeks ago from here.

Keep at it - one day your name will be drawn
January 19, 2014 10:38PM
i have been doing these now for at least 4 years , at least 10 comps a day and not won a thing yet !!
January 20, 2014 11:03AM
In April I will have been entering EVERY competition on this site for 2 years and so far won £1000 cash, £25 cash x 2, a holiday to Butlins, Bognor Regis, a two night stay at the Derby Starlights Holiday Inn plus Derby Feste tickets, concert tickets for Olly Murs, Professor Green, Womad, The Wanted, McFly and Richard Hawley, £215 worth of Liz Earle make-up, VIP trip to Manchester Airport for a guided tour of Concorde for 4 including lunch, pair of Oliveira shoes, make-over in London, a £100 voucher for a Florian Tote bag, 4 tickets to the At-Bristol Science Centre, family ticket for the Bristol open-top sightseeing bus, a six week pilates course plus lots of much lesser value prizes. It is a numbers game and I'm sure if you stick at it, your time will come.
January 23, 2014 08:05AM
no wins for a while - i took a couple of months away over the summer - but it;s still worth doing if you can find the time each day, I suspect having had a few wins early on i am not due one for a while, but if you have the time, and the inclination, there's no harm.

To those of you moaning - just stop entering competitions.
January 26, 2014 01:49PM
Hi,
I won a £500 watch on a shorlist.com competition about 14 months ago.
1 x DVD, 5 CD's and complimentary tickets to a red carpet premiere in Leicester Square, London which I gave to a friend who lives in London.
I've also had discount vouchers and money off coupons for entering but not winning, which I've found have come in very useful.
I introduced a friend to cc and they immediately won a 12 day Med Cruise which they are enjoying as I type this!

It's a numbers game I reckon, I enter as many as I can and I am certain that one day I will win one (or more) of the really big prizes.
January 30, 2014 03:36PM
I am just restarting entering comps. In the past I have won a timeshare and several small prizes including a years supply of pasta and a full new playing kit for my husbands cricket team plus a washing machine. Its all about being consistent I believe. Do one or two a day. Find them through here or facebook,mags etc. Good Luck !
February 09, 2014 10:41PM
Definitely a numbers game, I didn't win anything last year apart from a carbon dioxide alarm, but this year have won 2 prizes this year already, one being a weekend theatre break in London.>grinning smiley<
February 09, 2014 11:35PM
Hwilko, Yes i am sure it's just a numbers game, i won not a beanmoody smileydoing internet comps last year, and all my wins were postcard entries.smiling smiley But 2014 i have had 3 nice wins to a value of £500 and hopefully more to come. Anyway you have to be in it to win it, and good luck for this forthcoming year smiling smiley
February 11, 2014 11:46AM
I signed up in November 2012 and entered every available competition as they came on as well as clearing the backlog, in December won a weeks skiing holiday to Bansko, all inclusive. Then a Jaegar handbag a month later, the some olive oil and for the rest of the year nothing at all, I gave up but have started again in January 2014. If you don't do any then you can't win any.
February 14, 2014 06:25PM
The cup is always half full!
March 26, 2014 03:14PM
ive been comping over 30 years and only ever won small items once or twice a year

these people who claim they win loads a month well......
March 26, 2014 04:14PM
I can promise you, Lizziejayne, I have won just over 20 prizes in 23 months - admittedly only about 5 or 6 were 'substantial' but all were welcome. I listed my best prizes in this thread in January. I think if I were to be 'making them up', I'd have come up with a list of different prizes. Do you enter every single competition on this site? I personally think that that is key. I haven't won a thing this year yet but I'm sure it's only a matter of time.
March 26, 2014 05:31PM
yes i enter all but i have noticed some comps says so far foe example a american road trip when i alst looked 2 weeks ago so far 22,850 entries! what chance have i?
March 26, 2014 06:39PM
1 in 22,850? Someone has to win and everyone has the same chance.
March 27, 2014 08:28AM
its just soooo frustrating i put in somany hours and effort for what?
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄