Posted by Rudders 
Re: DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY WIN?
July 14, 2014 04:36AM
kevincharley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Good luck BECKYN13, hope something comes your way
> soon. It's a great feeling when you do win,
> although my prize yesterday didn't exactly prompt
> me to do cartwheels. I won a bottle of Flash!

It's a prize at the end of the day lol I literally enter everything so even prizes like that are useful >grinning smiley<
July 14, 2014 03:54PM
i really need a win to cheer me up feel down
Den
July 14, 2014 04:42PM
We all go through those periods. I haven't had a win for weeks now but I usually find that when I do have a win I seem to get several all at once. Just keep entering as many comps as you can.
July 15, 2014 07:30AM
i do enter lots
July 15, 2014 07:02PM
Winning something decent takes a great deal of time and effort, unless you are very lucky.

Mike
September 17, 2014 01:38PM
I've been a member on here for 2 years entering all comps,never won a single thing,so it can't be a numbers game,but don't see how the same people win time and time again
September 17, 2014 09:18PM
According to Winners page nobody has won since 18 July!!
September 18, 2014 03:58PM
I keep posting wins but don't other anymore as they never appear.
Den
September 18, 2014 04:11PM
I posted notice of a win recently but it didn't appear. Must have gone to the same place as all my ladder points!
September 25, 2014 08:48AM
I'm not sure how many post their wins, I never have.

My priority is finding the time to enter the vast number of competitions that are listed. I have just returned from being away for less than a week and its already a big task to catch up.

I keep telling fellow compers what a great site this is, its amazing.

Good luck everyone, we all have a great chance of winning with perseverance.
April 08, 2015 10:48PM
i have been a member now for at least 6 yrs and not won a thing , is anybody else the same
cheers
April 10, 2015 06:12AM
There is no doubt that perseverance pays off. Never give up but keep comping as much as time allows.
May 06, 2015 05:13PM
are all comp winners computer generated?
May 07, 2015 09:00AM
Loads of prizes out there, I have won from CC comps.
May 20, 2015 10:59AM
i have been registered for several years but have only ever won one prize and that was a rebus i have never won anything else i used to enter every day and do several comps but because i have only ever won once i dont do so many now i feel its not worth the time and effort anymore. but do still do the occasional one but i do find if you enter some prizes you have to give your age which i think is wrong so i dont do those its different if it just says must be over 18
i think by giving your date of birth to different firms could become a security risk i dont know what other people think of that
May 20, 2015 03:02PM
It always seems strange to me that you have to give your age. I hope middle aged people like myself aren't being discriminated against. Maybe it is so they can choose what gumph to bombard you with once you have given them your email address.
May 20, 2015 09:07PM
There's one of the film web sites that has the age categories as something like 18-24, 25-35 & 36+ which makes me feel really over the hill! Some of the sites want to know the age of the people using their product so they know which age group to target with their marketing so yes, Pippin, you're about spot on!

Deborah
May 21, 2015 09:38AM
We have already taken two top class holidays this year, one from Facebook and the other the internet. Now the challenge is to win another.
August 19, 2015 11:17AM
I've been on here since November and haven't won anything. That could be me, being very selective on the comps I enter or just a case of plain ol' bad luck OR no one actually ever wins anything... I am getting a tad annoyed with the random phone calls that occur with entering competitions, even when you tick all the corresponding boxes to NOT be contacted. I guess that just comes with the territory though, eh?
Anyway, I wish you all better luck than I!
Den
August 19, 2015 02:53PM
I have been through a bad patch for a few months until last week when I won two prizes of £100 each and this week received an email to tell me I had won Afternoon tea at the Ritz and today received a Sekonda watch in the post. I do get a bit fed up when I go through the bad spells but it is certainly worth it when the prizes start coming in. Don't give up
August 19, 2015 05:20PM
During the first year I won some mega prizes but have won practically nothing for a couple of years. It does become disheartening. Not going to give up just yet though.
August 20, 2015 06:33AM
Still awaiting details of winners since May (I had a very nice cash win a few weeks ago).
August 20, 2015 06:36AM
DOES ANYBODY ACTUALLY WIN? - Absolutely!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2015 06:38AM by miketerry.
August 20, 2015 06:36PM
Like others I have also had a pretty lean spell this year although it may only seem so as I had such a mega year last year. It is a very time consuming and, at times, frustrating hobby but the prizes, when they come are - in the main - worth the wait.

Minty, I don't know what competitions you're entering that generate the phone calls, I haven't had a problem with that and I enter an awful lot of competitions. Could it simply be coincidence? Try registering your phones with Telephone Preference Service [www.tpsonline.org.uk] and see if that helps.

Den, nice one! It's great when you get a run like that and it's strange how many times it happens

Good luck everyone, keep clicking!

Deborah
December 30, 2015 11:16PM
My advice to HAPPY 5 is to use caps when appropriate 'cause sloppy answers to comps show you need to put in more effort. I enter on a particular website and win 2 or 3 times month but that keeps me going even though prizes are worth under 20 quid in value.
January 05, 2016 07:32PM
I've won quite a few comps - a car, a Canadian holiday, a TV, weekends away, books, CDs, DVDs, etc, etc. After years and long gaps without winning, if you're time comes, it comes. Stop bitching at the messenger. Competitor's Companion do a great job (and, no, I'm not related). By the way, a lot of ITV comps are no longer on line. Text or postcard entry (Google "freeTVcomps" to get the latest). So, again, stop blaming CC for not featuring. However, good luck to all of us. X
January 08, 2016 08:25AM
Perseverance and effort is recommended, otherwise a huge amount of good luck.

CC is a brilliant resource.

Good luck everyone.
January 08, 2016 05:55PM
Good question !!
May 17, 2016 11:39AM
I've been on here for well over two years, I enter comps on the daily and I still haven't won anything! The law of averages might indicate that I'm a natural loser, but even science fact won't stop me from trying! Hahahahaha!
May 17, 2016 02:19PM
I've been on here for 4 years. In my first two years I won absolutely loads of stuff - £1000 cash, two holidays, VIP trip to see Concorde plus lots and lots of other things too. However, I haven't won anything for two years either. I'm beginning to wonder if so many people are entering these online competitions now the odds of winning have become incredibly small.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄