Welcome! » »

LINKS

Posted by kevincharley 
LINKS
September 23, 2014 10:56AM
I've noticed that there are competitions listed where the link is 'broken' if the original method of entry preferred by some is used but working fine if the 'quick link' is used. Example: Closing today, Stylist Magazine, OTHER shop voucher. I couldn't use the 'report an error with this competition' link as by the original method the competition link was 'broken' and the 'quick link' doesn't provide the opportunity to report a problem (so far as I can see).

Please note this is not a moan or a whinge, not even a whine, I'm advising of a problem.

Deborah
Re: LINKS
September 23, 2014 11:43AM
As another one I've turned up is for the same prize but this time listed with Shortlist and both Shortlist and Stylist are produced through the same publisher it looks like there's a connection.

Leading on from this, could anyone tell me whether an entry via both magazines for the same prize constitutes a breach of T&Cs? It happens a lot when a company hires a publicist and similar competitions appear on various websites/magazines offering the same prize. If, for example, Company X has a competition running to win a spa day in Heat, Grazia, Top Sante & Yours who are all from the same publishing house, am I breaking the rules by entering each one? I don't think I am but T&C's are not always black and white and are open to interpretation.

I'd like to hear other people's views, please.

Deborah
September 25, 2014 08:36AM
Regarding the question "could anyone tell me whether an entry via both magazines for the same prize constitutes a breach of T&Cs?"

Short List comps T&Cs state "provided by Spoke, spoke-interactive.com. Helpline 0844 415 0726, calls charged at 5p per minute." So a phone call should elicit the answer. I have also found a contact form at [www.spoke-interactive.com] so it may be possible to get an answer at no cost.
September 25, 2014 09:54AM
Thanks Miketerry, I'll look into that.

Deborah
Den
July 21, 2015 07:01PM
The £50000 ITV competition has the wrong link. The following link should take you to the correct page.

[www.itv.com]
July 21, 2015 08:57PM
Thanks Den, much appreciated.

Deborah
Den
August 13, 2015 07:36PM
The link to the Incredible culinary adventure in Australia is wrong. The following link takes you to the correct page :-

[www.telegraph.co.uk]
August 20, 2015 06:36AM
I report wrong links whenever I find them, usually early the day they are posted - so hopefully they are corrected in time for many.
August 20, 2015 06:52PM
Miketerry, looking at the leaderboard you can see I'm way behind with my entries and I'm reporting at least one problem a day. So, if you're reporting errors early then it rather looks as though you are wasting your time.

I've recently signed up to a different site where any enquiry is replied to within 24 hours, problems are rectified and a professionally worded apology is made. In other words they run an efficient business. I really don't think the same can be said for C.C. by any stretch of the imagination

Deborah
Den
September 25, 2015 05:32PM
Another wrong link on the Brand New Audi R8 Competition. This should take you there :-
[www.carmagazine.co.uk]
November 27, 2015 11:50AM
Correct link for the Panasonic camera draw.

[display.engagesciences.com]

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄