Welcome! » »

Winners list on Site not updated

Posted by nomadengland 
Winners list on Site not updated
January 29, 2015 09:59AM
I find it very disappointing that the Winners Page is not updated. Nothing new has been listed since last October. I have written two emails to Competitors Companion asking them why they are not updating it now but haven't had a reply to either. I sent in winning details a few weeks ago, and it wasn't added, so am sure many others must have also sent details of their winnings.
Its always nice to see what others have won and see if it was a competition that I had also entered. Nice to know other members win!!
Re: Winners list on Site not updated
February 01, 2015 02:43PM
I must admit to forgetting to post to it, too busy comping.
February 01, 2015 03:24PM
Nomadengland, why don't you post your winnings here? I always like to hear of other people winning and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Deborah
February 02, 2015 02:39PM
does it really matter about posting what people have won? im sure not many have time or remember to post also you only know if they win when they post if its true
theres a person who reg brags about all her wins on my facebook page actually a couple people do if you believe her then she s pretty much wins everyday
why do some people win constantly yet i enter roughly 8 thousand a week yes no joke and i havent won a been for months
yet this person says she only spends 2 hours a day entering 400 a week! i spend 14 hours a day!!
where is the justice
February 02, 2015 03:42PM
Hi Lizziejayne. I know what you mean about rarely winning!!! That's why I like to look occasionally to see what others have won, especially if they have won comps I have entered too. My win I sent in the other day was the first win I had had for over a year and I enter hundreds!! Yet, as you say, other names crop up regularly as winners. Guess some are just luckier than others!!! As for not having time to look up winners - it is only a case of pressing Winners link at the top, if it is kept updated, and quickly scanning through the list!!! Enjoy comping and good luck soon!!
February 02, 2015 05:54PM
so its not just me then? glad to know others enter lots without a win
thought it was just me
good luck to all
February 02, 2015 08:19PM
Perhaps other people enter via other routes. It's a fact that competitions that require something other than completing your name and address on a web page attract fewer entrants. I don't just enter via the links supplied on C.C. although I admit that most of my entries are online. My biggest win (believe me if you wish, or not, it's your prerogative) was £9,000 cash via a postcard entry. I've also had wins for submitting a photograph and writing a limerick.
I don't think sharing your good fortune is necessarily bragging: On the other side of the coin there are some people who don't believe a prize exists and that the prize draw/competition is a marketing ploy. So by 'bragging' these doubters are proved wrong.

I would hope that nobody lies about their winnings and I think to suggest that they do is pretty contemptible.

Good luck with your entries Lizziejayne. I hope your dry spell ends soon.

Deborah
February 03, 2015 09:05AM
there are a lot of fake/ spam comps out there i dont do surveys
i do enter skill comps too
February 03, 2015 02:14PM
I have never thought of people who let us know what they have won as braggers. I love hearing about wins - it gives me hope.
February 03, 2015 03:06PM
Me too Pippin. I love hearing about what people win
February 03, 2015 03:23PM
I have just posted a win. Good luck everyone.
February 03, 2015 07:03PM
So glad so many want Winners list updated. Maybe it will be updated sometime soon!!!!
Den
February 13, 2015 11:56AM
I wouldn't bank on it.

I have posted two wins since my one that is on the winners list showing as the 31st August that have not been entered on the list. One of my wins was a gift voucher on the open the box game and despite receiving an email on the 13th December confirming my win I have still not received the voucher. I sent an email earlier this month asking when I could expect to receive it but have still not received a reply.
February 13, 2015 02:05PM
Not only is the Winners page not updating, the E-mails are not being cleared, and the Treasure Hunt has not updated for ages.I have long since given up on the Ladder being updated with achievements.

I renewed my subscription in 2013 for 24 months but noted recently that my expiry date is now December 2016. While this is to my advantage, I realise that the fee Competitors Companion charge helps fund the upgraded members competitions and I e-mailed UKnet to advise that there appeared to be an error in my details. When I received no replyfrom UKNet I e mailed the "contact us" address but again got no reply.

I previously posted that these recently added features are not adding any value and Competitors Companion should return the original format and concentrate on what it is brilliant at i.e. bringing competitions and suggested answers to its members.

It would also be nice to receive answers to queries or an up date on why this is not possible.
Den
February 13, 2015 04:58PM
I gave up on the ladder and all the other 'add ons' a long time ago and just go to the Open the box occasionally to use up any points that have accrued, as there is nothing else to do with them. Apart from that I just enter as many comps as possible and ignore all the rest. My subscription expires in May this year and I must admit I am considering looking around at alternative sites.
February 13, 2015 06:38PM
I've recently had emails from April at support@competitorscompanion.com when I've reported problems via the Report a problem with this competition link. Now I haven't had a reply to my recent mail (concerning the riddle race) but some of you might want to put forward your concerns to April and, hopefully, she may be able to address some of the problems we are experiencing.

Deborah
February 13, 2015 08:59PM
To be fair, we only pay £10 per year to be members. Are we expecting too much? Personally, I am happy with the comp answers and the ability to cross out those I have entered. Anything else is just a bit of a bonus. I think it's a great site and good value for money. There are not many hobbies that cost so little and have the chance of winning something!
February 13, 2015 11:06PM
Hi Yvonne. I know exactly what you mean, but if something is offered, no matter whether it's £10 or £100, then surely we should expect whatever is offered to work smoothly. If, for instance, the Winners List was removed I personally wouldn't miss it, but it is there so surely it should be kept up to date. Shouldn't it? People may disagree with me and that's fine, just putting my point across. smiling smiley

Deborah
February 14, 2015 10:53AM
Hi Deborah. I know what you mean but I would rather all the site's efforts go into finding competitions and drop all the extras that cause problems. At the end of the day we are all here because we like competitions so let's get back to basics. Personally I pay my money for the comps and the more of them the better!

Yvonne
February 14, 2015 12:13PM
Yvonne, I couldn't agree more. It's the 'extras' that are the cause of so many grumbles and, probably, because there is more time being spent on extras the core of the business suffers.

Deborah
February 16, 2015 07:56AM
Yvonnew Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi Deborah. I know what you mean but I would
> rather all the site's efforts go into finding
> competitions and drop all the extras that cause
> problems. At the end of the day we are all here
> because we like competitions so let's get back to
> basics. Personally I pay my money for the comps
> and the more of them the better!
>
> Yvonne

Yes, I totally agree. This is a great site even without the extras.
April 20, 2015 08:28PM
Hi
My apologies for the delay in replying.
The winners page is in the process of being updated as it depends on how many people submit there wins with us so hopefully it will be up to date very soon.
Kind regards
April
May 03, 2015 03:41PM
Hi April. Well done in updating he WInners section with the winners of the Competitors Companion Kindle and Lego . It would be nice, as promised, if members' other successes were included in the updates. You can read more here [www.competitorscompanion.com]
January 25, 2016 08:37AM
It has been updated to December 2015 but I suspect is far from a complete list.
February 10, 2016 12:53PM
Any new from Absolutel Radio Deborah about your prize ?
February 10, 2016 06:52PM
It was Competitors Companion I was having the issue with and the cheque finally turned up yesterday after emails and phone calls. I think someone else was having problems with a radio station but I haven't seen any more about it.

How's your luck going? I had a flurry of little prizes early in January but it's gone dead again. Hey ho!

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄