Welcome! » »

CC Email

Posted by Balvennie 
CC Email
February 19, 2016 10:42AM
Can anyone explain what the CC Email is? I see that I have one but I have no idea what it's for or how to use it.

Thanks,

Ade.
Re: CC Email
February 19, 2016 01:45PM
This was another feature that never worked ( like CC coins, Ladder, Spot the Difference, and Treasure Hunt, etc. It was introduced by UKinet in August 2014 as follows

"We're now giving upgraded members their own email address to use for entering comps, it will be in the format xx@ccuser.co.uk and will be shown on the CC Email page(button up the top soon).

Our thoughts behind this we're to give you an email that you could just not worry about spam on, we'll store emails for a month (subject to change) then delete them. You can't reply to them and I'm not sure it's something we'll do yet.

Any way, try it, take a look, let us know your thoughts."

The messages were not readable and when I asked how I could be sure that I was not missing an notification of a prize winning I got a very bland response stating it required further development. nothing has been done since and I have not used it since October 2014, yet there are 1533 messages in my file.

There is no point in raising this with the owners of the site as they have stopped listening or replying to their customers some time ago.

John
Re: CC Email
February 27, 2016 12:22PM
Thanks for the explanation and clarification John. Yes, the thought of missing a prize notification does seem to make the whole idea a bit pointless.

Ade.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄