Welcome! » »

Using the CC email

Posted by KingBazza 
Using the CC email
January 16, 2019 04:19PM
Is it worth using the CC email given for all competitions to avoid my ordinary e-mail account getting clogged up with promotional stuff?? If it is - how do you use it?
Re: Using the CC email
January 20, 2019 02:54PM
I asked the same question some years ago and received this reply from another member:

'When introduced it was stated "we'll store emails for a month (subject to change) then delete them. You can't reply to them"

As I was concerned that I might miss out on a prize by not responding I asked how this could be avoided but did not get a clear reply

I stopped using cc e mail some time ago but still have over 3200 rather meaningless e mails in my cc e mail box.'

It's been suggested on other sites that you set up a second email simply for entering competitions thereby leaving your current email account for 'ordinary stuff'. I personally have ignored this advice as I know I simply can't be bothered having & checking 2 email addresses and having yet another password. Each to their own!

But back to your original question. Apart from this one member I don't know of anyone else that attempted to use the CC email.

Deborah
January 20, 2019 06:20PM
Many thanks Deborah. That makes perfect sense.
January 25, 2019 06:20PM
I tried using it but its not for me, I have to keep checking it though incase I have won something.
January 26, 2019 12:19AM
There are plenty of people using it.

It's an attempt to shield you from getting spam in your inbox, I may try and make it better but as it is it serves it's purpose even if it's not brilliant.

Using another account like gmail is an option also, and with the GDPR laws that cam ein you should technically get less spam anyhow.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄