Welcome! » »

My lucky morning

Posted by Pippin 
My lucky morning
September 02, 2015 11:12AM
No big prize wins out there in the big prize world lately but, after methodically having a go in the Open The Box competition every 30 minutes and winning the four bags of coins, I've just won the garden voucher on my 24th and final go. Yippee. And...I've just found out I've won £25 in the August general knowledge quiz as well. Going out now to buy a lottery ticket (after I've checked my Premium Bond numbers) xx
Re: My lucky morning
September 02, 2015 12:17PM
Nice one! It's a great feeling when you get a little run of luck. Long may it continue!

Deborah
Den
September 02, 2015 02:54PM
Must be something in the air. I have received two prizes this morning. A large box of various fragrances and lotions, and a tea set with a silver plated tea caddy. Also received a call this morning to say I had won some wine and an email telling me I had won £200. I have had a fantastic couple of weeks with two £100 cash prizes as well as a Sekonda watch and a voucher for tea for two at the Ritz. Have just bought a lottery ticket. Here's hoping, fingers crossed.
Best run of prizes I have ever had and to think a few weeks ago I almost gave up as I had had such a long spell without winning anything.
September 02, 2015 09:36PM
Thanks Deborah.
That's incredible, Den. Well done to you
September 03, 2015 11:14AM
Den, I'm coming to live at your house. Congratulations! My luck is a little thin at present. My last win was a set of motorcycle tyres. Unfortunately they don't fit either of our bikes. eye rolling smiley Typical!

Deborah
September 04, 2015 08:14PM
What is the 'open the box?'
September 04, 2015 10:38PM
If you open the 'Games' tab the details are there. It's a way to use the C.C. 'coins' and you have the chance to win a garden centre voucher or more coins.

Good luck!

Deborah
September 05, 2015 05:30AM
Thank you. A long way from the 1000 cc at the moment but have already become addicted!!!! Be interesting to see how long I have to wait to become a winner.
December 30, 2015 11:05PM
Dunno why compers also do the lottery. As Voltaire said, lotteries are a tax on stupidity. I have never entered lotteries. and never will.
December 31, 2015 12:25PM
Well good for you, comping4ever! I don't actually do the lottery either. It was supposed to be a joke - a phrase often used when someone is having a run of good luck. Lighten up, lad.
December 31, 2015 03:12PM
An extract from Roget's Thesaurus:

lot-ter-y

1. a gambling game or method of raising money, as for some public charitable purpose, in which a large number of tickets are sold and a drawing is held for certain prizes.

2. any scheme for the distribution of prizes by chance.

3. any happening or process that is or appears to be determined by chance:

And didn't Voltaire achieve wealth by winning the French national lottery?

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄