Daily Quiz Questions
November 29, 2015 09:09PM
Please do not submit more than one entry for each question as only your first answer will be counted.

That is one of the requests by the compiler - but it seems that some people (and you know who you are) still cannot resist the opportunity to enter every daily quiz question once more or even twice on the final days of the competition.

Rather silly behaviour for competitive minded people. Success will often come with honesty and without need to 'bend the rules'.

Happy comping everyone.
Re: Daily Quiz Questions
November 29, 2015 10:20PM
You've mentioned this before. But it was ok when you were logging the Aussie, Kiwi & U.S. competitions. That, apparently, was ok.

I believe it is a 'request' to not answer the daily quiz questions. I'm sure if it was vital 'they' would have blocked the possibility, as they did the registering of competitions in other countries.

Swings & roundabouts dear Roly. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

And yes I am one of the ones who agitates you so!

Deborah
November 29, 2015 10:49PM
Yes I have mentioned it before, but it has made little difference. The practice still exists.

You say it is a 'request' to not answer the daily quiz questions. Did you overlook that I also said it is one of the requests of the compiler?

And yes again - it WAS ok to log the foreign comps but at the same time inform CC about the 'loophole'. Don't know why I bothered; there are still loopholes in the system.

Agitate me, dear Deborah? Of course not.

Oh well done and congrats on your successes in the Riddle Race and Where in the World. To get any consistent wins in those comps, it appears one has to be glued to CC for most of the day. Now that would agitate me, so I leave those alone. I have much more important things in my life.

Happy comping.
November 29, 2015 11:31PM
grinning smiley Roly, if it doesn't agitate you then you really do an excellent impression of an agitated person.

And no, I don't spend a huge amount of time on here, hence my lowly position on the leaderboard. Recently had three weeks in New Zealand so I think I may have my life balanced pretty well.

Oh,and the 'Where in the World' takes less than a minute. smiling smiley

Deborah
November 30, 2015 11:43AM
Roly - why is anyone entering the Daily Quiz Questions more than once such an issue to you? Only first answers are accepted so apart from the fact that a question might have been missed the first time round, it is no advantage to the person doing it. I can't for the life of me understand why it matters to you. It doesn't affect you in any way, shape or form. It's not the first time you've brought the subject up. Please explain why you're getting in a tizz over it. CC would block it if it was an issue to them.
November 30, 2015 04:08PM
Thank you for the responses. You do make me smilewinking smiley

Happy comping.
December 23, 2015 10:11AM
'Oh well done and congrats on your successes in the Riddle Race and Where in the World. To get any consistent wins in those comps, it appears one has to be glued to CC for most of the day. Now that would agitate me, so I leave those alone. I have much more important things in my life.'

Congratulations right back at ya Roly! Sorry life has had such a downturn that you feel the need to enter the 'Where in the World' competition.

Happy Christmas!

Deborah
December 26, 2015 02:16PM
Having a lovely Christmas and hope the rest of you are too. On Christmas Eve, Christmas Day and today I've managed to find 5 minutes of my hectic Christmas schedule to get up to date on this site and lo and behold, have found myself joint leader in the Where In The World competition. Just goes to prove that you don't have to be 'glued' to this site to be up there afterall. For 2016 I wish you all good health, happiness, prosperity (lots of competition wins) and lots more friendly forum banter.
December 27, 2015 11:31AM
...you've caught me up, Deborah
December 27, 2015 07:03PM
You can't be having it all your own way!

I don't think anyone will be upsetting Annette Duckworth's lead in the Riddle Race though. Well done Annette, don't know how you've done it but congratulations, you're sure to win this month!

Deborah
December 30, 2015 10:13AM
Thanks, Deborah. I don't know how I've done it either, but it's a nice surprise!
Den
January 09, 2016 10:13AM
Bit of a problem with todays daily quiz question. As far as I can see there could be 2 possible answers. Do you go for the lower answer which in fact is further away from the actual amount or the higher answer which although over the actual amount is nearer to it. Both of them could be described as approximately the amount of the jackpot.
Den
January 17, 2016 07:14PM
Another problem with the 'our' comps.
The January Daily Quiz Question 18.
The correct answer doesn't seem to be any of the options available.
January 17, 2016 08:01PM
Den, yes, I've just seen that too. I don't know where they've looked for their 'answers' but it certainly isn't the same place as me. Perhaps, as in November, the question is 'thrown in to cause some confusion'!

Deborah
January 17, 2016 08:42PM
Agreed. You beat me to it
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄