Welcome! » »

New memeber

Posted by cornwolf 
New memeber
January 13, 2016 03:19PM
To be honest I'm a bit disappointed with joining this site. A lot of competitions you have to be a member if not you have to register and to be honest I can't be bothered to keep putting in my details time and time ago .... pain the arse ! thumbs down
Re: New memeber
January 13, 2016 03:51PM
Hi Cornwolf. Sorry to hear you feel that way. Entering competitions can be a hard slog. It's true - you do have to register to enter many of the competitions but you only register for each site once and once you've registered, you will find new competitions from the same companies coming up month after month, so that's not so bad. I use Google Chrome which remembers a lot of your personal info (name, address, email etc) which speeds up the process no end. When I'm on a roll, with lots of tabs open at the same time while different comps. are loading, I reckon I can average one every 30 seconds. I've won valuable prizes in the past but I must admit though that lately I've had more success with CCs own competitions than third party ones.
January 24, 2016 01:09AM
When clicking on ' winners' you only see people who have had minor wins ........................... nothing exciting like cars holidays cash ...................... where are those winners' names ?
January 24, 2016 12:05PM
Well, this has been a bone of contention with a few members, that the winners list hasn't been kept up to date. Or it could be that winners of the bigger prizes either don't bother to make their winnings public or that they don't use this site.

My biggest win was £9,000 last summer, I don't know if that appears on the winners list but I did submit it for inclusion. Just recently someone posted on the forum a win of a holiday to America and last year I remember seeing another holiday win posted. I've had several weekend breaks and a week long holiday in the UK.

Entering competitions is a great hobby if you have the time to put in the effort. What it isn't is a get rich quick scheme, I'm still searching for that!

Good luck.

Deborah
February 10, 2016 12:55PM
That's a thought Deborah .... outsiders maybe winning the bigger prizes not attached to CC
Den
February 10, 2016 07:04PM
Pleased to be able to say I have just had an email telling me I have just won £8000 of photographic equipment. My biggest prize to date.
February 10, 2016 08:31PM
Nice one!

Deborah
February 11, 2016 01:13PM
well done Den
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄