Welcome! » »

Absolute Radio competition won

Posted by Balboa 
Absolute Radio competition won
January 21, 2016 04:48PM
Hi everyone!

I won a competition for a trip to Philadelphia live on air last week and was told they'd call me back with details that day. I didn't hear anything and have now been told they'll email me but I've still not heard anything. It's been almost a week now.
I don't have any details about the competition itself other than its a holiday as there as nothing other than that on the original advert... nor were there any prize specific terms and conditions!

Has anyone been in a similar situation? I don't want to be really annoying by chasing them all the time... I have no idea what to do!
Re: Absolute Radio competition won
January 21, 2016 06:42PM
Firstly, congratulations! I don't think you'd be wrong to call them again, not at all! Absolute have a current competition for a holiday to Philadelphia, winner being selected on Friday. Maybe they're waiting until they have both winners? Just a guess!

My biggest win - from Channel 4 - took a long time and a lot of correspondence before I received my cheque.

Give them a call, it can't do any harm.

Deborah
January 22, 2016 09:17PM
Fantastic win! Have a great time.
January 24, 2016 01:06AM
Have you been in touch with Competitors Companion management direct ?
January 24, 2016 12:10PM
Competitors Companion wouldn't be able to help, they only list the competitions, they have no control over the prizes and how they are distributed - apart from the ones listed under 'Ours' (which they do control but seem to mess up from time to time!).

Deborah
January 24, 2016 02:32PM
I personally would bombard Absolutel Radio and ask what is going on re my winning prize !! xx
January 25, 2016 08:28AM
We have won a number of holiday competitions run by radio stations and they have always been well organised for us. I would contact the promoters (see T&Cs) by phone, particularly as often the stations don't organise the competitions themselves.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄