Welcome! » »

Congratulations!

Posted by kevincharley 
Congratulations!
November 12, 2017 09:32PM
Congratulations Lesley!

Not only the 'Where in the World' but the Quiz too. Very well done.

I'm beginning to think I've been banished from the 'Where in the World', I don't think I've had my name drawn once in the last 6 months. lol!

Deborah
Re: Congratulations!
November 13, 2017 02:33PM
Thanks Deborah

You know, that's exactly how I was feeling about it too. My name wasn't featuring at all in the Where In The World competitions for months, not even as a runner up. And then last month, I won.

As well as the Where In The World competition and the Daily Quiz, I also won the last open the box competition too which was for a nice £5 voucher for my local garden centre. I put it towards lunch for my daughter and I. Today my name is showing up for first out of the hat for Where In The World John Lennon Airport.

Just going out to buy a lottery ticket.

I pay my CC subs in advance - can't remember whether it's two years or three years - to save money and although major wins are rarer these days, I've won my subs back many times from CC competitions alone.

Good luck!

Lesley xx
November 14, 2017 09:15AM
Well done Lesley, I try to enter all the comps every day, sometimes the Where In The World beats me though, I usually can answer the others.
November 14, 2017 12:35PM
Thanks MikeTerry

I'm a bit obsessive about Where In The World. When I've google searched the photo I very often have a look on Google Street Maps just to double check I've got the right place (if I've got time that is). Then I have a read - adds to the trivia bank you see (quizzing is a big hobby of mine). Today's subject of guard dogs was very interesting.

Cue the giggles - 'poor old Lesley'
November 16, 2017 10:47AM
If it's 'poor old Lesley' then it's also 'poor old Deborah' too!

It certainly beats sudokus for keeping the grey matter functioning.

Deborah
November 17, 2017 10:13AM
Certainly does, just read your latest posts and have to agree, actually I am clueless about sudokus. Then I realised I had over 1000 points so clicked on Open The Box and won 4320 CC Coins! Could be a good day, regards and good luck to all.

Mike
November 28, 2017 08:01AM
I wish I had Lesley's luck. I see also that she is again the leader in the Where in the World quiz.( today 28 Nov ). Lesley can you please tell me tomorrow's lottery numbers ?
November 28, 2017 08:17AM
I'm sure my name came out twice this month but it seems to have disappeared.
December 01, 2017 10:22PM
Congratulations once more. This is becoming a bit of a habit!

Deborah
December 02, 2017 11:20AM
eek! I was dreading you noticing. Hopefully this proves it's all random and I'm just having a lucky streak.

Thank you
December 03, 2017 08:34AM
Oh, you shouldn't be dreading me noticing, I'm pleased for you - really!! Yes, of course there's part of me that wishes it was me but it doesn't stop me being pleased for you. I'm not a meanie!!

Deborah
December 03, 2017 11:51AM
Well done, Lesley!
December 03, 2017 01:50PM
Thanks for your generosity guys. You're not going to believe this but I've won £25 on the premium bonds this month.
December 04, 2017 09:33AM
Now you're just taking the mickey! Good on ya Lesley, long may your winning spell last.

Deborah
December 24, 2017 11:51AM
not seen my name on here as a winner for ages
oh well fingers crossed
December 24, 2017 08:13PM
I don't think I've been drawn all year. Hey-ho! Fingers crossed and all that.

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄