Welcome! » »

Number of comps entered before a win

Posted by Franben 
Number of comps entered before a win
June 26, 2018 08:07PM
Hi I just wanted to ask people who are experienced in entering competitions how many competitions you would have to enter before you expect to win anything. I started entering competitions at Xmas 2017 and so far have entered about 2000 and not won anything. I haven’t really got the time to enter more. Is it time to give up!?
Re: Number of comps entered before a win
June 27, 2018 08:49PM
It's not an exact science so only you can answer that I'm afraid.

I have no idea how many I've entered over the years but some years I do pretty well and some not so well. This year has only seen 2 wins out of many thousands of entries.

Have I considered giving up? Oh yes! But I'm optimistic that my luck will change.

Deborah
June 28, 2018 07:43AM
Hi.
I agree with Deborah. I was fortunate enough to win a holiday and £1000 cash two years ago (as it happens neither of them through this site) but have only won a few minor prizes since then. I enter about 400 a month, and am ever hopeful!
Warren
June 28, 2018 04:47PM
Difficult to say, depends on what type of comp.

The effort of being creative which many more sophisticated comps require obviously takes more time for each entry but should improve winning chances.

There is an increasing number of comps requiring proof of purchase - keen compers visit many supermarkets etc.

I read that recently promoters are less keen on simply running free mass entry internet comps - blame GDPR.

Finally its worth adding that "beginners luck" does occur.
July 08, 2018 05:50AM
Thank you for your answers and encouragement, I'll keep going another few months and see how it goes
July 08, 2018 10:07AM
I started entering competitions in January 2018 mostly through this site by March I had won airline tickets to New York and two months later a major holiday. I probably enter about 20 a week, reading comments here I suppose it is a case of beginners luck and may not win again! It does not take long to enter so I will continue for the moment!
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄