Welcome! » »

Slogan competitions

Posted by Kim 
Kim
Slogan competitions
February 07, 2019 02:51PM
Hi everyone, I've recently come back to comping after a break of several years (finally retired...Yay!!!) Can someone please direct me to where to find the SLOGAN competitions, as this is what I had most luck with before. I've looked in the "Skill" section but can't see any slogan ones. Thanks in advance.
Re: Slogan competitions
February 07, 2019 11:11PM
Slogan competitions seem to be a dying art I'm afraid. I can't advertise a rival but google it and you'll find a few but not many. It seems to be all about prize draws - quick and easy to get the brand seen by as many people as possible in as short a time as possible. In short, advertising!

Good luck!

Deborah
February 08, 2019 10:33AM
I was not a comper in the "good old days" of slogans, however I know of compers who posses the skill to write these and had significant wins years ago. Skill competitions require talent and effort so they generally receive fewer entries, although I guess that depends on how generous the prize is. Good luck!
Kim
February 08, 2019 01:57PM
Thanks Deborah and Mike. I am amazed how few I have found. Over the years I have won holidays, ovens, weekends away and loads more. These were generally when postcard entries were affordable (remember the days not so long ago when a second class stamp was 20p)? I remember writing little slogans and rhymes and had some really good success. I guess the times have changed. But how fantastic to be back comping again. It was (and is) a wonderful hobby.
February 12, 2019 10:08AM
Shall we run some? They are few and far between now, we used to have dedicated section for them but had to do away with it.
June 23, 2019 11:08AM
I started doing slogan competitions in 1995. I won a Seat Ibiza car, Mountain bikes, 2 x Paris holidays, luxury trip to Scotland, numerous electrical goods, plus a holiday for life, valued at £500 index linked. Today it is worth over £2000 and rising. I have been to Las Vegas 3 times, New York once, Mexico twice, Orlando once, etc etc. This year I'm off to Morocco.

The chances of winning a slogan competition are so much higher if you put the effort in. A lot of people couldn't be bothered putting the effort in of buying a product and composing a slogan. I do wish there were more available to enter.

Nowadays I obviously don't have as much success, however I have won a Luxury train trip for 5 days on the Royal Scotsman to the West coast of Scotland in the past and a Dell laptop with a 1yr cinema black pass, with lucky dip competitions

To conclude: You can only enter what's available. Keep at it. You have to be in it to win it! Good luck everyone.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄