Welcome! » »

Statistically...

Posted by Diabllo 
Statistically...
September 03, 2020 06:04AM
So I've entered nearly 6000 competitions and won nothing. Is that statistically right? Am i doing something wrong? Does the name of the email address matter for instance? Thanks
Re: Statistically...
September 03, 2020 01:24PM
Many statistics are made up so unreliable. I doubt the name of the email address makes a difference as long as its not blatantly unacceptable.
September 05, 2020 11:31PM
It's all a game of chance. If you're entering competitions that attract a lot of entries then obviously your chances are lower.
I win a lot less than I did years ago. Many more people playing the game these days - and especially since lockdown! So maybe 6,000 entries without a win isn't too bad - who knows?

I keep telling myself to stop but sadly I'm addicted. Thank God I don't drink or gamble - or worse.

Deborah
September 11, 2020 07:47AM
I am also addicted to comping.

I am increasingly avoiding entering for prizes of little interest or low value.

Sadly I am useless at slogans, also I rarely enter comps that require proof of purchase, both still give better chances of winning.
September 19, 2020 08:17PM
I had a fair bit of success with slogan comps in the past but, they are almost non existent now.
I wondered if the email address I use for luck of the draw had any bearing (like how do they choose - alphabetically?) Or that whenever possible I opt out of joining mailing lists.
September 20, 2020 05:47PM
Prize draw winners are all meant to be chosen randomly. There are different online tools for prize draws/Facebook/Twitter etc. So email address shouldn't make a difference.
Similarly there should be no preference over those who tick the box. I seldom opt in for further contact - it has to be something I'm really interested in - and I've won.

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄