Welcome! » »

Newsletters

Posted by Rusty 
Newsletters
July 26, 2021 01:30PM
Hello, being new to this is there any benefit or even disadvantage to signing up to all the newsletters each time you enter a competition? If so, is it better to unsubscribe again, as I'm sure we will get hundreds of emails. Great fun all this....

Thanks
Re: Newsletters
July 27, 2021 06:32PM
It's not supposed to make any difference. I only sign up for ones that either I'm genuinly interested in or those that have the promise of regular competitions.
Do I win? Yes, but not as much as I used to as there are far more people entering so it lessens the chances.

Good luck!

Deborah
July 28, 2021 01:11PM
Thanks Debbie, then I won't bother! I hope I win a little something anyway, it's good fun!

Thx
July 28, 2021 04:59PM
Why do people call me Debbie? It's not my name.

Deborah
July 28, 2021 07:36PM
Sorry....
July 29, 2021 05:40PM
Hello Rusty
I only subscribe if it's part of the T&C's and then unsubscribe as soon as I get an email from them. There is the odd one or two that I keep subscribed to if they run fairly regular draws or competitions, as it saves having to keep subscribing each time. I've got an email address specifically for comping and if the email doesn't say congratulations! I tend to just delete them as they come in. Good luck Rusty. I hope you're soon a winner.

Wendy
July 30, 2021 10:12PM
Thank you Wendy for that, it actually makes sense to do that. I will indeed try it, as you say, you can always unsubscribe.

Thanks again.
Russ
August 30, 2021 08:43PM
If you're on the side of 'not bothering' just use the email address we give you.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄