Welcome! » »

My One Year Anniversary With Competitors' Companion

Posted by Pippin 
My One Year Anniversary With Competitors' Companion
April 06, 2013 06:24PM
Next week will be my one year anniversary with Competitors' Companion. I enter every single competition on the site except the 'Pay To Enter' and 'Skill' categories and this takes about 1 hour a day, 5 days a week. I have kept a record of every single thing I have won so I can monitor whether it's worth carrying on.

The best prizes I have won (that I have been able to make good use of) have been:- £25 cash, £1000 cash, pair of Olly Murs concert tickets, £215 worth of Liz Earle make-up, VIP trip for 4 to have a guided tour of Concorde at Manchester Airport including lunch, pair of Oliveira designer shoes, a Butlins holiday for 4 in a Gold Apartment including Premium Dining worth £588 and a family ticket for an open top bus sightseeing tour from The Bristol City Sightseeing Company and a family ticket for standard admission to At-Bristol Science Centre

Complete list of prizes won as follows:

1. May 2012 - £250 conservatory blinds

2. May 2012 - 2 tickets worth £5 each to The Southern Homebuilding and Renovating Show, Sandown Park, Surrey

3. May - £50 of laser hair removal treatment in London

4. 11th June 2012 - £25 from Competitor’s Companion for their own competition - May Daily Quiz winner

5. 14th June 2012 - Blue Rubber Duck from Best Mobile Contracts

6. 18th June 2012 - Metroradio/Philadelphia Recipe Draw £1000 (Cheque rec’d 24th June 2012)

7. 18th June 2012 - Pringles Fan Can – Nisa Funny Fathers Facebook Competition (Rec’d 24th June 2012)

8. 24th June 2012 - 2 tickets Olly Murs at Lytham Proms on Sunday 5th August 2012 worth £32.50 each

9. 9th August 2012 – Liz Earle - £215 Colour Capsule Collection make-up – InStyle Online prize draw

10. 20th August – Bauer Radio Key 103 Radio, Manchester – trip to Manchester Airport for 4 including lunch (Concorde Classic Tour)

11. End of August – trip to London for make-over

12. Oliveira Summer Shoes - in Caparica Black Size Five – www.sixtyplusurfers.co.uk Competition

13. Mid September 2012 – Teletext Flip Flops

14. 6th September 2012 – 2 tickets to see Richard Hawley live at the Lincoln Engine Shed on the 30th September - Eventim UK and Muzu TV Richard Hawley ‘Gig Of The Week’ competition

15. 23rd October 2012 – 2 tickets to see the Relentless Energy Drink Professor Green gig on 15th November in Hackney, East London

16. 12th February 2013 – Runners Up - £100 gift voucher ‘Win a Florian London Middleton Tote for Valentines competition’

17. 21st February 2013 – Butlins Prize Draw as featured in the January issue of ASDA magazine – short break for a family of 4 to any Butlins seaside resort

18. 3rd April 2013 – Runners up in the ‘Win a Fun Packed Family Break in Bristol’ Competition run by Visit Bristol – Prize: A family ticket for an open top bus sightseeing tour from The Bristol City Sightseeing Company and a family ticket for standard admission to At-Bristol Science Centre

I know people sometimes ask the question on here 'Does Anyone Ever Win?', which is why I'm sharing my experience.

Here's to next year!!!
Re: My One Year Anniversary With Competitors' Companion
April 11, 2013 08:42AM
been on this site 3 years won NOTHING I also enter every comp
April 19, 2013 03:01PM
i'm into my second tear - a few nice things in the first, although nothing now since September - it's a numbers game, and i do get annoyed when people cry and whine that they haven't won - there's no entitlement to win.

I enter every competition once - i do see some of the same names coming up in the winners lists, but they probably spend a LOT of time doing it, and have to check various different e-mail addresses, and wade through all the junk, so really, good luck to them.

I suspect i may have missed a few prizes if i haven't seen an e-mail that has ended up in junk, but really, life is too short, and i am sure that if that happens the prize ends up with someone who was very happy about it, so again, no one really has lost anything, have they?
April 20, 2013 11:00AM
n

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2013 11:04AM by benevie27.
April 20, 2013 11:06AM
just to let everyone know won £50,000 with gmtv
April 21, 2013 09:30AM
Congrats!! Was it via online entry or phone?
April 21, 2013 02:18PM
It was a mobile entry thank you feel so lucky now
April 22, 2013 10:20AM
Glad to hear you're winning, Ricahrd, albeit steadily. Wading through junk emails has now become an occupational hazzard - but I suppose it's the price we have to pay
April 22, 2013 10:21AM
Congratulations, Benevie - really pleased for you
April 22, 2013 04:16PM
Fantastic! Gives us all hope, enjoy your winsmileys with beer
April 26, 2013 08:09AM
Good luck to all competitors, I started last August, at the start I did every competition, now I've become selective and I have not won a thing, but I will continue.
You never know!
June 11, 2013 12:35PM
Wow Pippin, that's wonderful, you have done well, I have only just started this week and I am intending to enter almost every competition on here, I used to do them many years ago when my kids were little and I had the time to trawl all around the shops looking for comp leaflets, I did win a few small prizes although I am intending to get some Big ones this time round, fingers crossed,
A question if I may, Do you enter your details and answers in CAP's or not??? years ago it was expected to all be in CAP's or it was disqualified! does that rule still apply nowadays??? spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 13, 2013 10:31AM
Hi Jenni JJ
I used to trawl round shops looking for leaflets too. Most of the competitions I did in those days were slogan competitions. I did have a couple of nice wins - diamond earrings and some wine - but I don't do the slogan comps anymore - too much like hard work. I suppose if you're good at slogans though, the chances of winning are probably higher than from the prize draws.
I've personally never heard of the capitals rule. I enter in lower case with a capital initial letter when appropriate. I also use Google Chrome which remembers my details (name, address, telephone number, email address etc). This speeds up the form filling process.
I wish you lots of luck and please let us all know when you have your first win.
June 25, 2013 05:34PM
Well done! Obviously keeping at it has it's rewards. I enter in bursts, but get disheartened when I never win anything...
June 25, 2013 07:34PM
thanks clare - had a phone call this week to say i've won a pair of tickets to the Womad festival, so I'll have to get my tent out
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄