Welcome! » »

Is there anybody here?

Posted by bounty 
Is there anybody here?
March 11, 2014 09:42AM
I'm really sad to post this, but despite many emails and pm's trying to get in contact with ANYBODY from Compeititors Companion regarding a prize I have never received from one of your own competitions, I'm still none the wiser.

It's not just me either, another member has not received her prize and is getting the same cold shoulder treatment.

If anyone has any suggestions what else I can do, please let me know.

From a very disappointed member sad smiley
Re: Is there anybody here?
March 12, 2014 04:28PM
I won the December Competitors Companion crossword competition and I am still waiting for my cheque!! I have sent several emails and private messages on the forum without success.
I have even sent a letter to the registered office still no response.
Any suggestions what else to do to get attention from the organizers

Another disappointed member.
March 12, 2014 04:39PM
This is not quite my area of CC, but I'll have an ask about.

You certainly won't go without your winnings even if I have to send it myself.
March 13, 2014 10:22AM
I'm very happy to say that I've had an email thismorning, it seems there has been a few issues with sending out prizes, but it's now all getting sorted out.

Faith restored - thank you. smiling smiley
March 19, 2014 01:51PM
I am sure it must have been a glitch. I was lucky enough to win the monthly quiz one month last year and got my cheque before I had had time to check the answers and winner's name!
March 21, 2014 12:57PM
Same here, TeddyG. In fact, my cheque arriving was the first I knew of the win.

I do love nice surprises coming in the mail.
April 05, 2014 12:20PM
Since being a member of Competitors Companion, I have won the Daily Quiz Competition 4 times. However, I only received a cheque 2 out of the 4 times. My wins were as follows:
May 2012 Cheque received very promptly.
July 2012 Cheque never received. I contacted Competitors Companion through the 'Contact Us' page but never got a reply.
December 2013 Cheque received very promptly.
February 2014 Cheque never received.
You will know from my generally upbeat posts in the forum that I'm a fan of this site but to not receive prizes won isn't really on, is it?
April 05, 2014 12:49PM
I too have been lucky enough to win the quiz several times. The cheque has normally turned up without problem, but once I contacted CC via the contact link several times and eventually had to phone to prompt the release of the prize. On the subject of the quiz, last month's answers and winner haven't been posted yet. In the last week I have contacted them twice asking the question that many others have commented on via the blog, 'what's happened to all the new competitions?'. To date I've not received a reply. (I had wondered whether the link was working but, according to another blog post, yes it is.) It rather looks like a lot of us will have to shop around for a different site. Let's see if this prompts a reply.
April 05, 2014 02:23PM
Bounty got a result by complaining in this thread (see above) so fingers crossed - I might even get the 2 x £25 that I'm owed.

I think CC might as well delete the 'Contact' tab altogether as no one at CC ever responds.

Last month's answers were posted on April 1st (under 'Announcements') but the winner's name was only posted this morning or yesterday.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄