Welcome! » »

Incorrect answers

Posted by kevincharley 
Incorrect answers
March 21, 2014 09:21PM
Recently I've seen a few competitions where the suggested answer is incorrect. The most recent I've noticed is an Out & About Competition to win a caravan manoeuvring system (other competitions, closing date 8 April) This could be a genuine mistake or (and I really hope I'm wrong here) a deliberate attempt to mislead fellow entrants. I don't know if the competitions listed are checked by anyone but, if not, I suggest that they are and that whoever is responsible for posting misleading information is reprimanded. FYI, 1 in 8 is steeper than 1 in 12. 10% is 1 in 10 therefore not as steep as 1 in 8.
Re: Incorrect answers
March 22, 2014 12:28PM
I found an error some months ago but put it down to the fact that CC are giving us so many answers that human error is bound crop up very occasionally. I read somewhere on this site that CC aren't liable for incorrect answers. I believe that if any of us spot an incorrect answer, it is our duty to report it and CC should correct it immediately and possibly even highlight it - that's all. Very occasionally I've come across incorrect link as well. Ditto to the above, really.
March 26, 2014 03:03PM
yeah ive noticed a few sites where the answer is wrong
May 02, 2014 06:02PM
Bound to be the occasional wrong answer but I rarely notice one.
April 20, 2015 08:38PM
Hi
My apologies for any incorrect answers you have found. I try my best to research the question but sometimes i may get it wrong or the promoter even changes the question. If you ever come across an incorrect answer please let me know & ill do my best to update the competition. Happy comping.
Kind regards
April
May 02, 2015 04:25PM
If you haven't already entered the competition to win an online photography course - closing date 6 May - the answer is David Bailey, not David Young. I've reported it but don't know when it'll be amended.

Deborah
May 10, 2015 08:24PM
If you haven't already entered the competition 'Getaway to Las Vegas', closing date 15 May, I believe the correct answer is 'City of Lights' not 'City of Laughter' as listed.

Deborah
May 10, 2015 09:01PM
If you haven't already entered the competition 'Stay in Sussex', closing date 15 May there are two answers required. Only one has been supplied. The two answers are 'Deer' and 'South Downs Way National Park'.

Deborah
May 26, 2015 04:06PM
If you haven't already entered the competition 'Brand New Garden Furniture' - 27 May. I believe the correct answer is 'Africa', not 'South America' as stated.

This is the fourth incorrect answer I've picked up on this month. I don't think we can any longer claim that the 'occasional' mistake is being made, it's now a regular occurrence. This is pretty appalling by anyone's standard.

I'm guessing, by the positions on the 'Leader Board', that a lot of you will have already entered these competitions and, sadly, have wasted your time. I'm so far behind with my entries because I no longer trust the answers and therefore I'm having to do my own research which is not why I joined this site.

It's such a shame as I used to rate this site highly. My membership expires in Autumn and, sadly, I won't be renewing my membership after three or four years continual membership. Some of you will be keen to see the back of me, I know, but if I was just a whinger, would I be providing you with the correct answers? I'm just sorry that I couldn't provide the correct answers sooner.sad smiley

Deborah
May 26, 2015 07:33PM
Misprint on green thumb cash competition. Answer should be B Mushroom not muchroom
May 27, 2015 09:29AM
Don't get me started on spelling mistakes - I'd be here all day! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Deborah
May 27, 2015 01:48PM
Incorrect link

[www.competitorscompanion.com]

Michelin star dinner - Marcus Wareing

Prize is actually for £229. I think the answer should be 'a third'
May 27, 2015 10:21PM
Thanks Pippin!

Deborah
May 27, 2015 10:31PM
Win a Stylish Bag closing date 29 May. Link takes you to a competition to win flowers.

Hello April and Andy, where are you? Why are things going wrong? Why are you ignoring my emails? I'm sure you'd prefer to deal with me confidentially but you don't reply so what else can I do to attract your attention?

Edit: Just discovered, via hotukdeals.com, that the bag competition ended on 17 May.

Deborah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/27/2015 10:36PM by kevincharley.
May 29, 2015 09:01PM
Ahem, there's another: Wine-tasting experience in Leicestershire - 31 May. 2 part question, the second part of which should be Battle Royal, not Royal Richard.

Deborah
Den
May 30, 2015 05:14AM
Re: the Ralph Lauren designer bag competition I think the answer should be 1967 not 1939. 1939 is when he was born not when the company was established.
May 30, 2015 12:10PM
Seaside Escape to Cornwall - 31 May

Q. Which country does Mullion Cove’s head chef Fiona Were originate from?
Suggested answer: Kiwi.

Aww, come on Competitors Companion, you're really taking the */@@ now.

Deborah
May 30, 2015 12:23PM
Just zoomed over to this page to report the Ralph Lauren boo boo. Den's beat me to it. We could start our own comp - first one to report the mistake.
May 30, 2015 03:10PM
I like the idea!

Deborah
May 30, 2015 08:30PM
Trip to Ibiza - 31 May

Suggested answer 'wonderfruit'.

Link takes you to voting form to name Britain's top 21st century landmark.

Where is 'wonderfruit'? I really must visit.

Deborah
May 31, 2015 08:13PM
Message removed

Deborah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/31/2015 08:19PM by kevincharley.
August 20, 2015 08:04PM
C.C. at it's best:

Win a 'PGL adventure holiday for your child'

Closes on 24 Aug 2015

Answer the question in this At Home contest and you can win a fabulous seven night stay for 7-16 year olds at any UK centre.

The answer is: a) Parents Get Lost

Oh no it's not!

Taken from PGL's website: 'Although children often refer to us as 'Parents Get Lost', the company actually takes its name from the man who started it all in the 1950s - Peter Gordon Lawrence'.

Sorry to those of you who have already entered.

I've just reported this, let's see if it gets amended. I won't hold my breath.

Deborah
August 29, 2015 10:51AM
Things seemed to improve for a little while but in the last couple of days I've noticed 3 incorrect answers. Apologies for not bringing the first 2 to your attention but they were pretty obvious and it was impossible for you to give an incorrect answer as the suggestion from C.C. wasn't one of the given options. (In both competitions the suggested answer was Texas but the options were Dallas, Florida and somewhere I forget the name of).

Today's faux pas is
'Unforgettable city getaway. Closes on 30 Aug 2015'

Suggested answer: Zurich
My suggested answer is Basel 'The city of Basel is a traditional Swiss bridgehead on River Rhine. A couple of bridges connects Grossbasel (south) and Kleinbasel (north). There are also four little ferry boats, operated for tourists' fun only'. Found on [basel.all-about-switzerland.info]

Sorry if you've already entered with the wrong answer.

Deborah
August 29, 2015 10:56PM
Once again, apologies for the late advice.

Home cinema system - Smooth Radio

Closes on 30 Aug 2015

The Tallyllyn opened in 1866 which, by my reckoning is the 19th century, not the 18th as suggested by the crack team at C.C.

Deborah
September 25, 2015 01:04PM
Competition in ‘Holidays’ section – Theatre break in Blackpool – CC answer ‘Pamela Anderson’.

Their link takes you to ‘Win 2 Free Nights at Whitley Hall in Yorkshire'.

Presumably the correct link is:

[www.heart.co.uk]
November 27, 2015 12:07PM
For those of you who have had problems entering the World Tempus competition to win an Emile Chouriet watch, the web page is now up and running. However, be aware that the suggested answers seem a little suspect (surprise, surprise).

C.C. offer:

1. Jean Depéry
2. Soleos
3. The Challenger Deep

Taken from World Tempus site: 'Emile Chouriet was born of the legendary distinction of Geneva watchmaker at the end of the 17th century. The brand name was reactivated by Jean Depéry'.

Now, unless it's a trick question I reckon the answer to question #1 is Emile Chouriet.

I've asked C.C. for a job correcting their mistakes. Oddly, I've received no reply. smiling smiley

Deborah
April 15, 2017 11:05AM
Once again we seem to be going through a bad patch vis-à-vis incorrect answers, incorrect links and incorrect closing dates.

Win a wedding dress - closing date 26 April.
Wearing a white wedding dress was a trend started by what famous bride?
Queen Elizabeth
Mary Pickford
Queen Victoria
Suggested answer: Queen Elizabeth

From Time.com
'Victoria was not the first royal to choose white for her nuptials...but she is the one widely credited with changing the norm.'

Win a Spabreaks voucher - closing date 26 April
From Spabreaks.com
'For your chance to win £1000 to spend with Spabreaks.com, simply answer the question below correctly, before the competition closes at 23.59 on Mother's Day, Sunday 26th March.'

This is just 2 I've found in the last 5 minutes. Sorry to anyone who has already entered the wedding dress competition and used the advice given, hard luck, you're not going to win.

Is April still in charge? Come on April, pull your socks up. We deserve better.

Deborah
April 18, 2017 06:57AM
When I spot them I usually report incorrect links and wrong answers although I must admit that I don't find as many as I used to. Maybe its because these days I am in more of a rush as I have many other commitments and so aim to clear all CC comps daily to avoid a backlog. Having been a subscriber for many years I am happy to continue and recommended CC to many friends. Incidentally, thanks CC for the £25 cheque that arrived promptly last week for my winning the March Star Shaker contest.
April 18, 2017 08:51PM
I look forward to the time when I too can clear all competitions daily.

Deborah
June 25, 2017 06:59PM
VIP weekend tickets to the TRNSMT Festival

Incorrect answer supplied.

Should be Kasbian not Radiohead.

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄