Welcome! » »

a bit quiet

Posted by richardx 
a bit quiet
March 28, 2014 12:28PM
I know that we are getting towards the end of the month, but it seems as if there have not been a lot of competitions posted this week - am i missing a format change and lagging behind?

R
Re: a bit quiet
March 28, 2014 08:21PM
I too have noticed very very few competitions. Is there anything happening that you are telling us?
March 30, 2014 08:22AM
I have noticed this as well.
March 30, 2014 10:02AM
I sent an e mail about this too. I do think that as we pay for this site there should be more comps than are coming through at the moment. Maybe there has been a family problem but I think we should know the reason for this
March 30, 2014 02:16PM
Perhaps it has something to do with The Ladder that everyone is whinging about.
March 31, 2014 02:33PM
I've noticed the same, but today I had a closer look at latest comps and there are some that I hadn't seen before, BELOW the crossed out ones..... (sorry, not making a lot of sense)

I work bottom to top on the latest list, starting at the topmost scored though one...... assuming that any new ones are above that..... but that doesn't seem to be the case lately. So now I need to go through everything to see what I might have missed.
March 31, 2014 10:33PM
does not seem like any have be added today if they have I cant see them?
March 31, 2014 10:55PM
I've only seen two today. Take a Break and a Greek Holiday - both listed under Latest Competitions.
April 01, 2014 08:58AM
I know what Trixy is saying, I found a few tucked in between others I had entered, but the last two days have been pretty poor. I do think we should have an answer about what is going on with the lack of comps
April 01, 2014 07:21PM
I am very disappointed that new competitions have almost stopped and despite requests there is no explanation from anyone. I have another 20 months left on my subscription and if things don't improve I will cancel and seek a refund
April 01, 2014 10:08PM
I cant see that any have been added today unless someone can tell me different
April 02, 2014 07:10AM
As Shanners has done, I renewed for 2 yrs....but this past week, the comps added to the site have been very few to non-existent! (Thought it was something to do with my membership until I saw these posts!) What is going on? I am also quite puzzled that as no comps have been added and I have done all those listed, I am slipping down the 'Ladder' ! How are people entering comps to overtake me...and probably others too....when there are no comps to enter????
April 02, 2014 09:12AM
Trishab - things do seem to have slowed down. But don't worry too much about the Ladder. We were told last week that

''27th March Ladder Reset. Today we have reset the ladder as a short test, if all goes well then the ladder will reset again on the 1st April.''

But it hasn't happened. Maybe the Competitors Companion Webmaster has won a holiday to the Caribbean!
April 02, 2014 08:49PM
Another very quiet day. Just to put a bit of context on this The Prize Finder has published over 380 new competitions since Monday and this is a free site,
April 02, 2014 10:37PM
I've contacted CC directly asking the same question that's bothering us all. As yet I haven't received a reply.
April 02, 2014 11:24PM
again I have looked for some new comps to enter but none again ? would be helpful if somebody from CC would answer our concerns
April 03, 2014 07:21AM
I notice the daily quiz question seems to pop up every day....and we did get 4 new comps yesterday, But it is a poor comparison with the amount I have come to expect over the past 3 or 4 years! PLEASE CC - if you look at these forums. let us know what is going on!
April 08, 2014 07:00PM
it all seems to be up and running again - as i mentioned, it as the end of the month, i was just concerned i wasn't looking in the right place.

Not a whinged by natureā€¦ and now having come back from holiday i have a lot of catching up to do, so if you will excuse me, these competitions do not enter themselvesā€¦..
April 13, 2014 11:48AM
No new comps yesterday (Saturday). So far no new comps today. Is our webmaster lazing on some far away sandy beach sunning himself?
April 13, 2014 12:21PM
Hi Rolysb - there are very rarely any new comps on a Saturday or Sunday - just 'ours' and the Telegraph holiday one. That's the way it's always been. Usually Mondays are quiet as well. Tuesdays to Fridays are when the comps appear on mass. At least we have the weekend to catch up. I have the feeling that the site is run from an accountancy practice in Telford and tends to stick to 'office hours'.
April 16, 2014 04:04PM
Is it just me, or are the comps being put up later in the day....and are others getting quite a few bad links?
April 16, 2014 04:07PM
More bad links than usual, just lately, Trishab.
May 02, 2014 05:57PM
I have noticed there are fewer comps and less total value than I am used to seeing.

Pleased to report though I rarely have problem with links.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄