Welcome! » »

Ladder

Posted by rolysb 
Re: Ladder
August 06, 2014 09:37PM
Rise above it Pippin! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

I noticed that I'd shot up from about 17th to 9th and I'd only entered a couple of competitions so I obviously found it too, but goodness only knows where!

Deborah

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2014 09:40PM by kevincharley.
August 07, 2014 11:28AM
Yes roly - you must be right. Last month I decided to divulge the loophole to CC and then offered to have my excessive ladder points docked, because I'd just got bored with it all. There's a certain satisfaction in discovering a loophole in the first place, but it soon wears thin. I will however, keep looking for this month's!
August 08, 2014 06:47PM
My points are not adding to the ladder nor are the coins being added to my points total
August 08, 2014 07:26PM
yes - just noticed mine aren't either
August 08, 2014 08:05PM
I advised CC of the loophole and it has been rectified. However it has now resulted in the points system becoming faulty. I have recently sent Private Messages to CC mentioning a number of issues but it seems that replies are not the norm.

As I have said before - points have no meaning anyway.
August 08, 2014 11:20PM
On the contrary Rolysb, I won a garden voucher with my points so they're no longer valueless.

Deborah
August 09, 2014 08:25AM
On the contrary Deborah, you won a garden voucher with your CC coins so points really are valueless.eye rolling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/09/2014 08:25AM by rolysb.
August 09, 2014 10:14AM
Ah, fair point. I always think of them as being one and the same.

Deborah
August 11, 2014 06:29PM
My points not working for the last few days nowconfused smiley
Den
August 12, 2014 06:06PM
Just realised that my points are not working either. Not sure how long for though.
August 13, 2014 06:29PM
I've noticed that for the last few days as well. Thought I was going nuts.
August 14, 2014 06:42AM
I wouldn't know if my points were working!
August 14, 2014 08:19AM
Points still not working and no response to my PM. HOLIDAY TIME??confused smiley
August 14, 2014 08:32AM
Used up my points playing the game. Very happy.
August 15, 2014 08:47AM
Probably my fault.

I made a change 'again' last weekend to plug a hole but may have messed things up.
Then I had to take my partner to the hospital and I've been there with her all week, she had to have an operation yesterday and I've just not had the chance to even check things.

After the operation was a huge improvement so I'm a little more interested in doing some work. I'm not sure I'll get a chance today but I'll fix the ladder as soon as possible.
August 15, 2014 09:22AM
Sorry to hear that, family comes first. Hope she gets well soon. All the best.
August 15, 2014 11:43AM
Thanks for being so honest. Hope your partner is well soon.

Deborah
August 15, 2014 02:32PM
Sorry to hear of recent events and may I wish your partner a speedy recovery.
August 20, 2014 10:43AM
Well, she's home now and ordering me about so all is good.

Now I took a 'quick' look at the ladder and it was working for me.
Can someone give me an exact description of what they are doing when it doesn't work, or if it works at all?
Thanks.
August 20, 2014 11:45AM
Great news! Welcome back home Mrs Ukinet. Keep your OH in check!

Regarding the Ladder. For me when entering 'Ours' I get five points for each competition. Entering any other competition and no points are registered. Usually as soon as a comp link is clicked, four points are gained. This no longer happens.

I'm surprised that you find the Ladder is working. It hasn't worked for over a week now - although the leading user doesn't seem to have a problem. They were able to add over 200 points yesterday and currently 1,000 points ahead of me.

ukinet you did ask.

But I still don't understand what The Ladder and points are for.
August 20, 2014 11:49AM
>
> But I still don't understand what The Ladder and
> points are for.

Fun.... at the moment.

I'll take a long look at the code.
August 20, 2014 01:46PM
.....so there's no prize for coming top of the ladder in any particular month?
August 20, 2014 02:07PM
I wouldn't expect a prize for the ladder as its just for fun.

What's far more meaningful is winning from the comps posted daily as that's where, as of today, £1,088,677 worth of prizes can be won!

Lets concentrate on what matters most, a few more comps added each day would do me even if the ladder was sacrificed to achieve that
smileys with beer.
August 20, 2014 03:29PM
Seeing as you have to enter the competitions to achieve the ladder points, the two things go hand in hand. You make it sound as though watching your progress on the ladder lessens your chances of winning competitions - the exact opposite is surely true because following the ladder encourages you to enter ever competition available. I'm sure that's why CC started the ladder in the first place.
August 20, 2014 03:52PM
Hi Pippin, regarding your quote "the ladder encourages you to enter ever(y) competition available" that's simply not the case with me.

I wasn't even aware there was a ladder until I think it was last year but I have been with CC for many years.

To ensure I have entered/marked as ignored all the competitions I try to keep up with them all including the new ones daily. But I often run out of time to achieve this.

When I haven't entered any for a few days I go through each category to ensure every comp is crossed off - indeed I thought that was the only way to be 100% sure.

I do look at the ladder, but purely for fun.

Should it be a relevant alternative I would rather have more comps and no ladder - but that's just my preference.

In conclusion, CC is a superb service and I'm extremely happy with all of it.
August 20, 2014 03:52PM
. . . except that you don't have to enter a competition to gain the points.smiling bouncing smiley
August 20, 2014 06:31PM
It never fails to amaze me how much controversy The Ladder causes! cool smiley I'm sometimes disappointed as there are no new related comments on the forum. How sad is that!!

Deborah
August 21, 2014 03:10PM
Just to say that I personally don't add comps, if I stopped doing any work on the site it wouldn't increase the amount of comps added.

Also, what happened last week before I had to stop updates was to make it so you could properly flag comps as ignored or entered, this stopped the ladder operating correctly.

At the moment you get ladder points and coins if you use the quick link button before logging the comp.
I will change this and make a post about it tomorrow.

It's a tough one, on one hand, if you log a comp as ignored then you won't be entering it so shouldn't get points, but then if you change your mind yes you should, but I have to prevent people changing the flag and getting points again and again.
While the ladder is only a fun thing I don't see any point in spending lots of time making it work for every scenario, so I'll make it work as well as I can asap.

That all probably sounds like gobbledegook, sorry I'm tired.
Den
September 01, 2014 04:11PM
I see some people are accumulating points again. I have only gained points for 'OUR' comps. I have entered all the new comps added today but no points have been added to my total for any of them. Is the ladder worth it as it seems to be causing more problems than it is worth.
September 01, 2014 04:15PM
I would not miss the Ladder, entering comps is my priority.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄