Welcome! » »

Ladder

Posted by rolysb 
Den
Re: Ladder
September 01, 2014 04:29PM
Same for me, but as long as the ladder is there I cannot resist checking it.
September 02, 2014 03:05PM
Hi Den. Are you entering the competitions by using the quick link button? This seems to be the way to get your ladder points:-
"At the moment you get ladder points and coins if you use the quick link button before logging the comp."
Den
September 02, 2014 06:26PM
Hi Pippin

No, I click on the competition description which highlights the whole row and takes me to the page with the competition link.
September 02, 2014 06:30PM
I always click on "Competition link: Click here to enter" to enter a competition, seems the obvious thing to do.
September 02, 2014 07:19PM
Try entering the competitions by clicking on the quick link button - you'll more than likely see your ladder points increasing then. ukinet told us that was the only way to get ladder points when he last posted in this thread.
September 02, 2014 08:34PM
Thanks for the advice Pippin but the Ladder is purely a passing interest, I can't get excited about it.
September 02, 2014 08:45PM
Yes Pippin, ukinet did say that. However, it is not working for everyone. Hence there are currently 90 users out of 100 on the Ladder who have not yet reached 50 points.

Incidentally ukinet also said that the Ladder is temporarily suspended!confused smiley
September 02, 2014 09:03PM
If the ladder is scrapped, what will we find to post about? This is post no 158, the highest number of posts for any subject, by a long way. Seriously folks, we need to find something else to obsess over! tongue sticking out smiley

Deborah
September 02, 2014 09:09PM
I agree Deborah smiling smiley
September 03, 2014 09:37AM
kevincharley and miketerry have made their opinions known regarding the ladder quite excessively - but still keep posting in the thread titled 'ladder'! Seems a bit of a contradiction - a bit like when folks moan about what's on the telly, but seem incapable of finding the 'off' button.
September 03, 2014 11:02AM
I'm not entering into any personal comments, everyone is free to post smileys with beer
September 03, 2014 06:51PM
The ladder is still not working for me and has not been for some time. No matter which method I use my points are not added. I am not going to get too bothered about it as the points and coins have no value. There has always been a suggestion that this might change and we might be able to use them for something. Apart from the rather poor box game, there is absolutely nothing to do with them.
September 03, 2014 09:46PM
Lighten up. This is getting as serious as football.

Deborah
September 04, 2014 01:10PM
I know the problems and it will be fixed as soon as I get some time, had a rough few weeks where spare time is concerned.
Pretty much only the quick link will award points, I need to move this into the comp details page, I might even do it tonight.
Sorry.
October 13, 2014 09:05AM
my points not adding to ladder I have entered every comp?
December 31, 2014 11:01PM
As I have said more than once on this thread, The Ladder has little importance, and the points have no value. But its existence still makes it intriguing. Users have said they are drawn to it to check their progress. That's fine - but when someone finds a 'loophole' which really isn't a loophole, but an opportunity to 'bend the rules' to gain extra points, is that important? To them it may be but The Ladder still doesn't have a purpose.

But just for fun at the 11th hour on New Year's Eve I've taken the leader to task as to who will come out on top when The Ladder is reset. Who's the betting on . . . .

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/31/2014 11:05PM by rolysb.
January 31, 2015 01:03AM
Did you read my post above dated December 31, 2014?

It's the end of the month again. I stand by what I have said a number of times before that the Ladder is irrelevant and unimportant, but tonight I couldn't believe what I was seeing from around 11.30pm.

The leader on the Ladder was repeatedly adding 5 points to their 'score' and in a short while found an extra 155 points. Remember, 5 points are only awarded for 'Ours' competitions. So how did they do it? By once more entering the 31 Daily Questions. Now that is naughty and against the rules. They have already gained those points each day during January - but it seems they again just had to use the 'loophole' as they did last month. That is sad. But whatever floats ya boat!

Clicking on competitions is not the only way to earn points - if points are so important..

With apparently no-one at the helm of the flagship Competitors Companion, we can no longer ask advice or make suggestions in the Forum and emails go unanswered. Such a pity.

Good comping everyone. We are all in it to win it!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2015 10:16AM by rolysb.
January 31, 2015 10:29AM
Further to my earlier post.

I don't believe it!

Must lead the Ladder at all costs appears to be the motto. So because it is possible to enter all the January Daily Questions yet again this morning (Saturday) that is just what someone has done. Answering the same questions three times rather than just once and claiming the relevant points.

That is unbelievable and in my view pitiful.

But hey ho.
January 31, 2015 12:17PM
Hey, come on Roly, that's a bit rich when it was you who threw down the gauntlet as regards to winning the ladder race! 'at the 11th hour on New Year's Eve I've taken the leader to task as to who will come out on top when The Ladder is reset. Who's the betting on . . .' Do I detect a few sour grapes? I'm sure you'll come back with an acerbic reply, as you always do. (or maybe not, to prove a point) winking smiley

Deborah
January 31, 2015 02:23PM
Good afternoon Deborah. Nice of you to be the first, as I expected, to respond to my post. Do I really make acerbic replies? Well, I hadn't noticed although I always endeavour to be forthright! We have to enjoy life don't we?smileys with beer

Well you invited me to comment again, so let's see. If sour grapes means 'not to care for something one wants, but does not or cannot have'; then that certainly does not apply to me, because if I REALLY WANTED them all I needed to do was go for the points and re-enter the 31 daily competitions last night and again today. That would have put me way out in front yet again. Now to do that WOULD be sour grapes.spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

My actions and your words ‘threw down the gauntlet’ were aimed to somewhat embarrass the leader. Apparently that was to no avail as they’ve done it again. Am I surprised . . .?eye rolling smiley

Hey come on Deborah, I see you have copied and pasted my remark and emboldened the font but impishly omitted the first four words ‘’But just for fun’’. That’s a clever move to change the context.grinning smiley

Once again a reminder that clicking on competitions is not the only way to earn points so why would someone consider it a necessity to bend the rules? I don’t get it.confused smiley

Deborah, I remember you saying, referring to this thread, as ‘’this is getting as serious as football’’, which reminds me it is Saturday afternoon and the footie is now on. How I wish my team could get some points and go top!thumbs up

To close, I still maintain the practice described earlier is unbelievable and in my view pitiful.yawning smiley

Happy comping kevincharley and wishing you loads of wins!cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/31/2015 02:34PM by rolysb.
January 31, 2015 03:11PM
What a crazy thread! Anyway I hope you have time to do some comping as well! smileys with beer
January 31, 2015 04:43PM
And you didn't let me down! Happy comping to you too Mr SB, from the eighth rung of the ladder. tongue sticking out smiley

Deborah
February 01, 2015 01:41PM
miketerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> What a crazy thread! Anyway I hope you have time
> to do some comping as well! smileys with beer

Exactly, Given up with Ladder, I'm here to #win prizes and January totalled in 13 wins total of £1250 in REAL COINs !!!!
February 01, 2015 01:44PM
Well done Netpence. What a great bounty in just one month.

But 1st day of a new month and the Ladder chase goes on and on and . . .

Happy comping folks!smileys with beer
February 01, 2015 02:38PM
Congratulations Netpence! It's great to hear of someone that's done really well with their entries.
Long may it continue. thumbs up

Deborah
February 01, 2015 02:41PM
Yes well done Netpence!
February 02, 2015 11:55PM
Thanks Guys, Well First Monday of the Month and another 2 prize win e-mails , not massive ones but £100 ish. That's just concentrating on the comps i want to enter and #win instead of scrabbling up a ladder!
May 31, 2015 05:56PM
Thought I would resurrect the longest thread on CC Forums. There has been no comment on here for four months. Anyone got anything to add?

I did notice again today (end of month) that the opportunity to pick some 'forbidden fruits' to boost Ladder Points was too much of a temptation for some.

It must be annoying, disappointing, sickening and upsetting to get so far but then only gain second and third spots despite making a special effort by entering daily questions again. Remember, users are asked not to answer more than once . . . or have I misread it?

Someone once said 'The Ladder has little importance, and the points have no value.'' I think that too!
May 31, 2015 06:58PM
I think there are fewer and fewer of us that care about the leader board, hence, probably, the lack of comments.

Deborah
May 31, 2015 07:13PM
You could well be right Deborah.

Well done on your Riddle Race win.

Good luck in all your comping.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄