Welcome! » »

Ladder

Posted by rolysb 
Ladder
March 28, 2014 01:57PM
As the 'Ladder' was reset on 27 March to see if it worked ok, everything seems fine. However, it would be a better idea to perhaps reset it again on 1 June rather than 1 April. During these last few days many competitions have been entered to amass points on the 'Test Ladder'. Those points were gained by entering competitions which one cannot enter again; therefore restricted in gaining points on the Ladder. Hope that all makes sense.
Re: Ladder
March 28, 2014 06:56PM
Yes - because I'm up-to-date with my competitions, I've only been able to accumulate 16 points and am lagging behind the leaders already
March 28, 2014 08:33PM
Pippin - We will have to wait and see what the Editorial Team decide. Meanwhile - Someone might be having a joke. Suddenly from nowhere comes Pufferfish to take the lead. According to the list of users there is no-one with that name. Unless someone knows differently!
March 28, 2014 09:23PM
Oh well instead of being at the top of the ladder i'm nearly at the bottom! confused smiley
March 28, 2014 09:28PM
Netpence - it will be a level playing field on April 1st. We will all be at the bottom.thumbs down
March 28, 2014 10:50PM
Is that an April Fool Rolysb ?? tongue sticking out smiley
I'm not really worried about the ladder, it's just a comp tracker for me!
March 29, 2014 12:59AM
The ladder will only count competititons added after the reset also, so everyone will be equal no matter what competitions you entered up to the reset.
March 29, 2014 09:59AM
Ah that's better. So we all start on April 1 at the bottom of the ladder and all competitions added to CC website prior to that will not count. That is as I understand it. Good luck everyone.smileys with beer
March 29, 2014 11:19AM
As long as i keep up my 2014 winning streak i will be happy! "Keep up the Ladder and Carry on Comping" spinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue outspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
March 30, 2014 01:26PM
But you don't get ladder points every time you enter a competition. And is entering competitions the only way you can get them? I find it all a bit confusing.
March 30, 2014 02:52PM
I'm not really bothered about the ladder, I just want to enter as many comps as possible.
March 31, 2014 02:29PM
Am I the only one here who hasn't got a clue what this thread is all about? winking smiley
April 01, 2014 09:00AM
Look along the top bar where forum etc is listed and you will find the ladder, I think it is about the third one along.
April 01, 2014 10:12AM
Thanks 3grandchildren. thumbs up
April 03, 2014 12:38PM
To Ukinet: Can we expect the Ladder to be reset very soon as you suggested on March 29th?
April 09, 2014 11:51AM
Wish I could work out how you're edging away from my on The Ladder, rolysb, even though I'm up-to-date with every single competition. Guess you know which buttons to press
April 09, 2014 12:20PM
Hello Pippin. I don't think The Ladder if very important. On 27th March the Webmaster commented:
Today we have reset the ladder as a short test, if all goes well then the ladder will reset again on the 1st April.

Nothing then happened. So maybe things did not ''all go well''.

Have you read this below The Ladder?

''How do I earn points?''

Good luck
April 09, 2014 04:13PM
yeah - I agree the ladder isn't important - it's just the way my brain works - too competitive
Den
April 09, 2014 06:16PM
I enter as many competitions as I can every day so was well down the list when it was reset and thought I could never catch up with the leaders as I had entered everything up to that date, but by continuing to enter as many as possible I find I am top of the list today so it seems to prove that you can climb up the ladder by continuing to enter as many as you can. Don't give up.
April 09, 2014 08:36PM
but I have entered them all, Den...
April 10, 2014 03:19PM
That's better Pippin. You are cooking with gas now. Steaming along nicely up the Ladder.thumbs up
April 10, 2014 03:53PM
thanks roly
April 10, 2014 04:30PM
C'mon Pippin - you can do it!smileys with beer
April 12, 2014 08:19PM
confused smiley Bit confused, I've done all the comps but am going down the ladder not up it! confused smiley I must have a slippery ladder!
April 12, 2014 08:37PM
Netpence - have you done ALL the comps? Not just the ones in Latest Competitions. Have you clicked onto each category?
April 12, 2014 09:34PM
Yep rolysb i'm all up to date, the more i do i go down the ladder, not really worried as long as i am winning prizes from entering comps which is paying off as over £1000 in goodies this year smiling smiley Have noticed some of my competitions have DARK blue/black (different colour blue to other lines) lines crossed through them, do you know anything about this and why?confused smiley
April 12, 2014 09:43PM
I am not getting the different coloured lines. Although some of the blue links to the comps stay blue with a line through them after I enter; others turn to a pink colour and have a pink line through. I don't think it leads to any problems.
April 12, 2014 09:58PM
Oh well i will just carry on comping in hope of more winnings, and maybe someone of CC team might read this thread and actually answer our little questions that we bring up !!!!
April 12, 2014 10:55PM
Netpence - you have entered 26 competitions taking you from 15th position yesterday on 1044 points to your current place at 7th on 1148 points. Have you read this from the CC team:

How do I earn points? Well, there are a few ways, and more to come but generally by using Competitors Companion and clicking on things. We're not going to tell you all the ways to earn points but an example is by entering competitions we list.

I think the key words are ''clicking on things''.

Good luck.
April 13, 2014 12:24PM
Well, Roly, I have entered every single comp., I have double checked by going into 'Latest', 'Expiring today' and 'Expiring soon' as well as the individual tabs. I've clicked 'everything' like a woman possessed (links, adverts, profile, contact etc etc), and still I'm gradually getting further behind you (a few points everyday). Beats me.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄