Welcome! » »

Ladder

Posted by rolysb 
Re: Ladder
April 13, 2014 08:06PM
That's what i was on about, i was entering and had entered all when wrote on forum and was 15th place, so it seemed as i was going backwards, then BINGO i moved up to 7th place and was not entering comps as had entered them all !!!confused smiley
April 17, 2014 09:30AM
rolysb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I am not getting the different coloured lines.
> Although some of the blue links to the comps stay
> blue with a line through them after I enter;
> others turn to a pink colour and have a pink line
> through. I don't think it leads to any problems.

Sorry, I've been away for a while and will go through this monster thread hopefully answering some questions.

The different coloured lines are just a way to tell the difference between comps, they alternate, I made the colour change when you hover over just so you can tell what you're hovering over.

Visited links should turn pink, although some browsers might not record the correct info due to some websites having strange URL's.

Hope that makes sense.
April 17, 2014 09:32AM
rolysb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> To Ukinet: Can we expect the Ladder to be reset
> very soon as you suggested on March 29th?

Yes, sorry about that, I did a test reset to see what would happen and test the system of only counting comps added since the reset and it seems ok, but at the time the people who add the comps had just moved house, lack of internet made it hard to keep adding new comps.

So I'll re do a reset some time soon.
April 23, 2014 07:33PM
the ladder doesnt make sense i was in 12 th place now im 29th hows that work
April 23, 2014 10:04PM
lizziejayne - have you entered ALL the latest competitions which were added on Tuesday and Wednesday? If you have then you should move up the ladder.
April 28, 2014 01:03PM
yes i enter everything
April 28, 2014 02:20PM
lizziejayne - As long as you enter each competition which is added to the site you must progress UP the ladder. It does appear that you are missing some competitions. Remember if you are only entering those in the Latest Competitions list there are only the last 50 that have been added in that list. You need to check on each category - cars, holidays, cash etc. Doing a quick check, you seem to have 'missed' close to 80 competitions in the last few days, otherwise you would be higher up the ladder than 22nd.
April 30, 2014 08:59AM
Well rolysb, I've been a steady 40 to 50 points behind you on the ladder for a month now (never truly understood why). I, almost addictively, enter every single competition every day and double check I haven't missed any. Now, overnight, you've gone 140+ points ahead of me. I wish I knew your secret.
April 30, 2014 06:22PM
Hi Pippin. I can assure you I do not have a secret. I have noticed that you only appear to have entered 18 competitions today taking your morning total from 2440 points to 2512. If you check on Latest Competitions you will see there have been 33 new ones added today.

Note the text below the Ladder: ''points have no value''. But when you click you get points.
April 30, 2014 07:55PM
At the time of my last post (when I was 144 points behind you), I was 100% up-to-date with the competitions. There were no more, anywhere, to be entered. Since then, more have appeared which I have entered this afternoon and this evening. I'm now in touch with you again on the ladder. The only explanation for this is that some members have access to the competitions before others.
April 30, 2014 08:43PM
Hi Pippin - This particular Ladder has been running since 27 March when it was rest. That means well over 600 competitions have been listed since that date. It is possible to miss some now and again. However, your last sentence in your recent post just cannot be right. This is a website which, as soon as it is updated by the website administrator, its content is instantly available for all to see - whether upgraded users or non-upgraded users.

Points have no value and no meaning. They will simply disappear when the Ladder is reset. Certainly not an issue for concern.
May 01, 2014 11:27AM
Hi roly. It's is now Thursday 1st May 2014 and the time is 12. . I have entered every single competition available and double checked that every single one has got a line through it via 'Latest competitions', 'Competitions expiring today', and 'Competitions expiring soon', plus the individual tabs (Cars through to Skill) plus 'Ours', even though 'Ours' don't count on the ladder. You are on 2744 points and I am on 2628 points. The 'Latest' competition to be posted was :- Win a foodie holiday to Dorset - Register/login and answer the question in this Delicious Magazine contest and you can win a seven night stay for up to six people. The answer is: Weymouth. It would be very interesting to know if your 'Latest' competition is different. Anyway, I admit now that I'm getting a little obsessed about the whole thing and will refrain from going on about it. It doesn't mean anything at the moment, like you say.
May 01, 2014 11:44AM
Hi Pippin. It is still Thursday and the time is 12.43p.m. The Latest Competition showing is indeed Win a Foodie Holiday to Dorset. So I have the same screen showing as you.

Good luck
May 01, 2014 12:05PM
Okay - I accept we're on a level playing field but I sincerely don't understand how you could have possibly entered 29 more competitions than me. I work at my computer, day in, day out, with CC just a click away. I constantly check that all comps. are entered. Anyway - I'm going to let it go now because (and I know I'm stating the bleeding obvious here), I'm a member of CC to enter competitions and hopefully win prizes. Happy comping roly xx
May 01, 2014 09:11PM
Pippin, I have lost the will with the ladderconfused smiley, i too entered everything the other week and the points were not being added or delayed in being added. Anyway the name of the game is winning, have you won anything? No good doing all the comps if those little WEM or surprise parcels are not turning up on your doorstep, spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 02, 2014 10:44AM
Hi Netpence - new Ladder so let's see what happens now. I have been a member of CC for two years now and have won 25 prizes. Best prizes have been £1000 cash, two short holidays in this country, £215 worth of Liz Earle make-up, VIP trip to Manchester Airport to visit Concorde including lunch for 4, a pair of designer shoes plus loads of festival/gig tickets. Things have been very lean since last September but I believe it's only a matter of time. Happy comping.
May 02, 2014 06:32PM
Pippin, This year had over £1000 in prizes off about 20 wins, and my biggest (£500 this year) win was postal entry, hopefully more wins this forthcoming year.
May 02, 2014 08:58PM
Wow Netpence - that's brilliant. Do you generally have more success with postal competitions?
May 03, 2014 07:11AM
Pippin and Netpence: well done! I have been comping two years and have one only once (one piece of cabin luggage) — and I enter every competition I can — hopefully I'm just having a run of bad luck and something will come through soon.
May 03, 2014 11:21AM
Good luck, Michael.
May 04, 2014 08:52PM
Pippin, does it feel good to finally be above Rolysb on the ladder? And after you'd decided to 'let it go' too. Guess you didn't let it go too far, eh? winking smiley
May 04, 2014 09:01PM
Rolysb, you're slipping. You've let Pippin get above you. Tut, tut! winking smiley
May 04, 2014 11:06PM
kevin . . .

winking smiley
May 05, 2014 06:02PM
C'mon Pippin, he's in front again. This ladder is serious business and you won't stay at the top if you're out having fun and drinking wine and stuff. Time to put a bit more effort in m'girl. Put your back into it! grinning smiley
May 05, 2014 06:43PM
smiling smiley Pippin, I average on 3 postal wins average a month (normally enter about 30 postal comps- do find the local newspapers and weekly mags good for wins by postal entering) But again it is the luck of the draw! AND YOU HAVE TO BE IN IT TO WIN IT! Last week has been small HD Video recorder, (postal entry) nice little camera(postal entry), 3 DVDs(internet entry), 1 Bluray film (postal entry), and some film promotion merchandise(postal entry), and have received today a weird e-mail as not sure if a win for music Festival tickets. So in all some nice little prizes, just could do with a few BIG ones as well thou, so must plod on an enter a few more comps tonight "Happy Comping Compers"
May 05, 2014 08:14PM
Netpence, I too have received emails about festival tickets recently. One in Wales and one in Ibiza. There was something a little odd about the way they were worded that made me suspicious and I didn't reply - both required me to pay for either travel or accommodation which seems to be the big catch. Hope your festival tickets turn out to be a real win and not some way of obtaining money from you.
May 06, 2014 08:04AM
i enter everything and do not miss comps unless im away i have been on holiday twice this year soits possible i missed some then

does this ladder ever end with a winner?

i enter many comp sites its all very time consuming with only the odd small win occasionally
so who wins the money cars holidays etc? its not me .
May 06, 2014 01:33PM
You're very cheeky, Kevin
May 06, 2014 01:38PM
Hi Netpence. I 'won' the Welsh Festival tickets too - looks like a lot of people did!
It looks like postal entries are more lucrative, though more 'effort' than Internet comps. and you're probably spending about £15 a month on stamps. I'm guessing these are prize draws and not slogan comps. which seem much rarer than they used to be?
May 06, 2014 07:43PM
Pippin, it's all done in jest, hope you're not taking the teasing badly.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄