Welcome! » »

Ladder

Posted by rolysb 
Re: Ladder
May 06, 2014 07:56PM
Pippin, i do make an effort with the postcards i use, and i seem to have more luck on spending £15-£20 on postage to enter comps as better than doing the lotto as never win on that,
May 06, 2014 08:45PM
Good point about the lottery, Netpence. Do you enter slogan competitions or are they prize draws? I'm seriously thinking about doing the same.
May 06, 2014 08:48PM
Not at all, Kevin. Though now you come to mention it, roly's gone ahead of me by the equivalent of 3 competitions (12 points). I have absolutely no idea how this has happened as I've kept completely up-to-date with every single competition since the reset at the beginning of May.
May 06, 2014 09:11PM
Pippin, have you noticed that the 'comps ending today' and 'comps ending soon' are updated throughout the day? If you check in the morning there may be nothing, but check later in the day and some more may have been added. You've probably already spotted this but thought I'd mention it just in case. It's the only thing I can think of that may be making the difference. I'm happy languishing in (currently) 60th place. I too got a little carried away with the ladder when it first started but I've come to the conclusion that life's just too short to stress about it and I've gone back to only entering comps with closing dates of up to a month ahead. I'm currently sat in a cottage in Scotland with husband and dog after winning £400 Sykes Cottage vouchers so I must be doing something right!
Yes, Kevincharley is female! Our 2 cats are Kevin and Charley, hence the name.
May 06, 2014 10:43PM
Pippin. I enter various postal comps, slogans, newspapers, Sunday magazines in Papers, and if am lucky enough to find a good old fashioned purchase to win comp i normally go for it if i would use the product,
May 07, 2014 07:59AM
Thanks for the info, Netpence. I'll start looking
May 07, 2014 08:08AM
'Kevin'. I suppose a last minute competition might be added to 'competitions ending today' and then slip under my radar. Like you say, that's the only explanation. I love your philosophy. And congratulations on your prize win - I love hearing about people's wins. I won two short breaks in this country last year but still I'm waiting for my next.
May 07, 2014 12:33PM
Well, Pippin, I must be slipping under the radar with you! I have clicked on all the comps I've seen too and we have the same number of points. My sister is only 4 points behind me and we know which comp she missed. Perhaps rolysb is getting points from another one of the various ways that you can boost points.
May 07, 2014 12:46PM
But what are these 'various ways'? They are supposably unobtainable at the moment. I've tried clicking everything like a mad woman, but to no avail. What's your secret, roly?
May 08, 2014 08:54AM
Hi Pippin, how you doin'? Who says ''they are supposedly unobtainable at the moment?''

How do I earn points?
Well, there are a few ways, and more to come but generally by using Competitors Companion and clicking on things. We're not going to tell you all the ways to earn points but an example is by entering competitions we list.
May 08, 2014 02:31PM
have just kept a note of what I have entered I was on 616 points and entered 20 of the latest comps but my points have only gone up to 776 which has only increased by 60 as a full member and the points being 4 per comp my points should have gone up by 80 to a total 796 or am I missing something
May 08, 2014 02:44PM
sully - your maths just don't add up!
May 08, 2014 03:28PM
yes I agree I messed up on the maths here is the correct one

have just kept a note of what I have entered I was on 616 points and entered 20 of the latest comps but my points have only gone up to 676 which has only increased by 60 as a full member and the points being 4 per comp my points should have gone up by 80 to a total 696 or am I missing something
May 08, 2014 05:31PM
Hi roly - you old scallywag. There's obviously a way, apart from just entering the comps., but I'm yet to discover it. Happy comping xx
May 08, 2014 05:51PM
Hi Pippin

Good game, good game.eye rolling smiley

What do points mean. Points mean prizes.grinning smiley

Have you solved the clues in the Treasure Hunt yet?spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
May 09, 2014 08:55PM
Too difficult for me! Ah ah - I think I know what you're getting at. I will have to give it another look.
June 02, 2014 11:36AM
The 2nd of the month and the scramble to the top of the ladder has begun again. I've told myself I'm not joining in this time. So why am I checking it so regularly? It's only a matter of time before Roysb, Pufferfish and The Mole are challenged for the top spot I'm sure, but I really wish I could beat the addiction.

Deborah
June 02, 2014 12:33PM
Hi Deborah. This Ladder is a strange phenomenon. The points gained have no value. The points do not lead to bonuses. The gaining of points is unavoidable; clicking on a comp link automatically awards four points. In fact the points are the nonentity of Competitors Companion. As recorded elsewhere, there are a number of ways to gain points (if that is what one wants to do) - but whether all of those 'ways' have been activated is unsubstantiated.

Regards your addiction - just keep taking the tablets!
June 02, 2014 03:18PM
Even though I'm a competitive person, I've stopped letting the ladder get to me. I enter every single competition and, like you say roly, points are then added automatically. I end up literally hundreds of points behind you and certain others so there's obviously other ways to amass points, which I haven't discovered. The treasure hunt is beyond me so if that's how you're getting your extra points, so be it. Happy comping, roly.
June 02, 2014 03:33PM
The treasure hunt doesn't give points, only entering comps does.
A small bug was fixed over the weekend where people could get extra points.
I'm just in the middle of making a comp/game where you can spend coins on opening boxes to try and win things!!!

[www.competitorscompanion.com]

It's not ready until it's listed in our comps so spend yor coins at your peril!!!!
June 02, 2014 04:16PM
Hi ukinet. I must correct you.

''The treasure hunt doesn't give points, only entering comps does.''

No - clicking on links to competitions gives points, without the need to enter them.
June 02, 2014 05:37PM
rolysb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi ukinet. I must correct you.
>
> ''The treasure hunt doesn't give points, only
> entering comps does.''
>
> No - clicking on links to competitions gives
> points, without the need to enter them.

True, we have no way of knowing what happens when you visit the sites we link to, though this is a competition portal site, I would presume the reason for clicking the links is to enter competitions?
June 03, 2014 09:26AM
Thanks for clarifying that, ukinet. Will be following June's ladder with interest.
June 03, 2014 11:58AM
Thank goodness you've found and closed the loophole that some of us had found. A level(ish) playing field has been reinstated. Thanks.

Deborah
June 03, 2014 04:58PM
I have entered every comp since the reset but still 8 points behind ?
June 03, 2014 05:46PM
'I've stopped letting the ladder get to me'

So much so that you're now at the top, Pippin!!

Deborah
June 03, 2014 06:21PM
I have stopped letting the ladder get to me, Deborah. Pre June, there was obviously something untoward going on, so anyone who wasn't 'in on it', including me, never stood a chance. I'm doing nothing different now than I have ever done - just entering the competitions!
Den
June 03, 2014 06:29PM
I have entered every competition available as I always do so how is it that some people always seem to get more points on the ladder. Is there some other way to earn points other than entering the competitions?
June 03, 2014 07:36PM
I have just come back In iam 36 points behind the leader but no comps to enter ?I must be missing some trick must be another way to earn points that I don't know how
Den
June 04, 2014 04:11PM
I have just completed all the competitions listed today and am now 122 points below the leader on the ladder. What is going on? Am I missing something here? Think I will stop checking the ladder as there is no way I can catch up.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄