Welcome! » »

New feature coming soon!

Posted by ukinet 
New feature coming soon!
May 30, 2014 04:20PM
So a few people asked about getting some expanded log of the comps they've entered, well I'm working on it, in fact I'm letting it go active while I'm working on it.

It will change a lot, it will fail a lot (while I'm changing stuff).

To access it (I called it scratchpad) click the CompLog+ link up the top and click in the Competitions you've logged. bit.

It opens in a new window so you can leave it open while continuing using the site.
None of the links at the top work yet, it only really displays the comps you've entered and any details we might still have on them.

Until recently the system deleted and info on comps once they expired, now I've made it hang on to the info for a year, we'll see if that needs to be changed as there is a ton of data involved.

Any thoughts or requests then please ask in this thread.
Re: New feature coming soon!
June 02, 2014 09:52AM
Thanks for this, it's what we've been asking for and you've delivered.

Deborah
June 21, 2014 10:29PM
I've just had need to look at the Scratchpad. As I see it, the only way to check if a competition has been listed on CC previously (and thus, entered) is by running through the whole list. The only information that appears to be in any logical order is 'log date'. When I'm checking the only 2 solid facts are a) the company running the competition and b) the closing date. (the 3rd piece of info is, obviously, the prize, but there are too many variations - a holiday to/a trip to/a short break to etc., etc.) Would it be possible to sort by company or closing date? Or am I asking too much?

Or does anyone else have differing views? This upgrade seems to have been asked for by people other than myself and I'm surprised nobody has yet commented.

Thanks.

Deborah
June 24, 2014 11:06AM
Sometimes closing dates mean early that day, so the day before closing should gave 100% safety.
June 24, 2014 11:42AM
miketerry Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Sometimes closing dates mean early that day, so
> the day before closing should gave 100% safety.

Was this in response to my post? If so, either I've not been very clear or you've misunderstood the point. I wasn't worried about the closing date of competitions, just looking for a better way to search for a specific competition.smiling smiley

Deborah
June 24, 2014 03:51PM
I understand yes you'll be able to sort and filter all sorts, I'm still collecting the data as previously we were deleteing the competition info aftwer in expired but now were keeping all for at least 6 months.

Once we have some meaningful data (and I'm back from holiday) I'll make it a bit better.
June 24, 2014 05:27PM
ukinet Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I understand yes you'll be able to sort and filter
> all sorts, I'm still collecting the data as
> previously we were deleteing the competition info
> aftwer in expired but now were keeping all for at
> least 6 months.
>
> Once we have some meaningful data (and I'm back
> from holiday) I'll make it a bit better.

Great, thanks!

Enjoy your holiday.

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄