Welcome! » »

New ways to earn ladder points and CC coins.

Posted by ukinet 
New ways to earn ladder points and CC coins.
June 02, 2014 11:12PM
I've added a couple of ways to climb the ladder and earn more coins.

If you refer a friend using your referral code in your profile then you'll earn 10 points.
Also if you use the facebook like button it will like your referral code on your facebook so any friends who click it will also earn you 10 points.

As usual if any people you refer upgrade their account you'll earn a six month extension to your account.

We'll be monitoring the referrals for any possible cheats or bugs.
Re: New ways to earn ladder points and CC coins.
June 03, 2014 10:33AM
Hi ukinet. Thanks for that. However, as others have mentioned elsewhere, Facebook is not necessarily something that everyone uses. You did say that you had to make it fair.

Also to gain points when friends click on it, is very much those competitions which depend on Facebook 'likes or votes' to determine a winner. The more friends one has the more clicks (and points they get).

Not a popular way to choose any kind of winner.

PS: Did you know that the Forum clock is slow and all posts are timed one hour behind? Either that or the posts take 60 minutes to register!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/03/2014 10:38AM by rolysb.
June 03, 2014 11:39AM
rolysb Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi ukinet. Thanks for that. However, as others
> have mentioned elsewhere, Facebook is not
> necessarily something that everyone uses. You did
> say that you had to make it fair.
>
> Also to gain points when friends click on it, is
> very much those competitions which depend on
> Facebook 'likes or votes' to determine a winner.
> The more friends one has the more clicks (and
> points they get).
>
> Not a popular way to choose any kind of winner.
>
> PS: Did you know that the Forum clock is slow and
> all posts are timed one hour behind? Either that
> or the posts take 60 minutes to register!

The Facebook like button just creates a link the same as your profile one, so it's totally fair.
you don't have to use Facebook.
June 03, 2014 11:54AM
Like Rolysb I have read that if you use Facebook 'friends' can earn you points - 'any friends who click it will also earn you 10 points'. Now, I'm not a great lover of Facebook but I've accepted that life aint fair and that you've got to draw a line in the sand at some stage.

Again I find myself quoting Abe Lincoln, "You can please some of the people some of the time all of the people some of the time some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time.”

Deborah
June 03, 2014 12:38PM
It's really no different to having a youtube account, reddit account, twitter account, someotherwebsite.com account and putting a link on there, it's just a like button that makes a link on your facebook. And a way for us to award points for things. I'll be doing more stuff like this soon too.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄