Very big change
June 07, 2014 05:56PM
Due to the forth coming complog stuff, I made a huge change to the logging system today.

Hopefully no one noticed any changes except for the apperance of a few graphical buttons.
They are explained in a key at the start of each comp list, they are:
1. Opening the competition website in a new window while logging that you entered the competition on our site.
2. Opening the competition website in a new window without logging it.
3. Logging the competition.

After yet another huge change I'll be making once I'm happy this change is working OK will be adding back the ignore button.

I'm sure I'll hear from you if there's a problem. smoking smiley
Re: Very big change
June 08, 2014 09:12AM
Thanks, sounds goodspinning smiley sticking its tongue out
June 18, 2014 06:55PM
Excellent, thank you.
July 02, 2014 04:53PM
Sounds good, thanks.
July 14, 2014 10:50PM
Hi

Just noticed the Complog button appears to having a hissy fit. The competition line is turning pink, but no strikethrough is showing. The coins are being added.

Something else to keep you busy for a while...

Thanks, I appreciate the work you put in on our behalf, I know we're a bunch of whingers at times! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Deborah
July 15, 2014 06:38AM
What browser and version are you running?

I had to make a change in the way the strike through line was shown so you can tell the difference between logged and ignored comps, I have a feeling some users aren't using browsers that are compatible with this code.
July 15, 2014 09:48AM
I'm currently using Internet Explorer, no idea which version, sorry.

Deborah
Den
July 15, 2014 10:10AM
If you click on 'help' at the top of your screen and the on 'About Internet Explorer' on the drop down menu it will tell you which version you are using.
July 15, 2014 10:27AM
Den, if I could see a 'help' button, trust me, I'd click it. cool smiley

Deborah
July 15, 2014 11:49AM
I'm using firefox and my strikethrough isn't working either.
Den
July 15, 2014 01:03PM
Hi Deborah

It sounds as if you are not displaying the menu bar. Move your cursor on a blank area at the top of your screen and right click. You should then have a drop down menu of the various tool bar options. There should be an option for 'Menu Bar' which if you left click on it it will display this menu with the help button on it.
July 15, 2014 01:33PM
I use Google Chrome which is brilliant because it remembers most of my personal information which saves a lot of time when I'm filling in competition forms. However, I'm not getting the strike through any more. The old system was perfect for me.
July 15, 2014 05:22PM
Please an we go back to the old strike through system. I too use Google Chrome because of the form filling function
July 15, 2014 05:41PM
Phew, I thought it was my browser. I use Google Chrome too.
July 15, 2014 06:09PM
Thanks Den. I can now state I'm using version 11.0.10. Hope this helps.

I have a vision of poor Ukinet sitting in a corner, rocking gently.

Tomorrow will be better! spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Deborah
July 15, 2014 07:00PM
When I log back in the strike throughs are there for the ones I have just entered.
July 15, 2014 08:05PM
Hi ukinet

Please check your Private Messages.smiling smiley
July 16, 2014 09:49AM
I have put the old strike through back, you should all see it as before now.

I'll think about how to tell the difference between ignored and logged.
July 16, 2014 11:34AM
Strikethrough worked for the first comp I entered this morning, then didn't work again. sad smiley
July 16, 2014 11:42AM
Hi. Just logged out and back in but strikethrough still not visible. I'm wondering, because of the points/coins system, whether anyone uses/needs the ignore facility? Trying to offer an easier option but no doubt someone will disagree with me!

Deborah
July 16, 2014 12:03PM
I can't see the point of an ignore facility. I am happy to strike through whether I have entered or ignored a comp
July 16, 2014 07:18PM
I don't need to know if I've entered or ignored - just as long as it's been struck through when I've finished with it
July 17, 2014 08:13PM
That's working again, thanks.smiling smiley

Deborah
July 18, 2014 08:36AM
I look at the summary then strike through every comp whether entered or not. All working fine now thanks.
July 18, 2014 03:12PM
I'm going to make some changes over the weekend.

Once done it will be 100% on the new system and hopefully no problems.

you'll be able to see logged and ignored, plus change the state of your logging, so if you ignored it you can change it to logged.

While this is happening things might not add up right for points. I'll be quick. I hope.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄