Welcome! » »

recent competition errors & problems

Posted by whynotme? 
recent competition errors & problems
August 07, 2014 04:10PM
Hi

I seem to be coming across several problems with the competitions recently:

a) competitions already closed when days left to go
b) no answers on this site when one is required - not a personal choice question
c) after following the link to the competition I can't find that competition
d) after completing entry forms the submit button does not work

Never had enough of these to note before, but over the last few days it has been a real irritation.

Anyone else having trouble ?
Re: recent competition errors & problems
August 08, 2014 09:09AM
I've had 2 or 3 and have reported them at the time.

C.C. can't be held responsible for the competition closing early, I believe a lot of sites show the option to close early in their Ts&Cs

Similarly, the submit button not working may be a problem with the server OR you could try using a different browser OR sometimes I've noticed the button doesn't appear to work but if you re-enter the competition you're given a message telling you you've already entered.

I can't comment on points b & d as I don't know who is responsible for this.

Hope this is of some help.

Deborah
August 15, 2014 08:43AM
Hi,

As mentioned above.
A. Is just up to the organiser really, we have no control, just report it and we'll remove it.
B. I'll have to raise this, again report it.
C. Again I'll raise this but it may be out of our control if the organiser changes their web site after submitting the comp.
D. This is most probably a lack of the form designers fore thought. Not every browser is capable of working with some of the latest code designers use on their web sites, try making sure you're all up to date on updates.
August 15, 2014 04:03PM
I have noticed a lot of wrong links, captchas not showing (although sometimes they appear if you press the back button) and irritating little mistakes.
I have also noticed that despite entering all the 'latest competitions' every day, neither my CC coins total, nor my ladder points seem to be increasing. Anyone else experienced this?
August 15, 2014 05:14PM
Trishab, if you read recent blog posts you will find the answers to your queries.

Deborah
August 17, 2014 01:48PM
Guess I must be missing something...but cannot find any answer to why coins/points not being recorded. Not that I am bothered particularly as they don't seem to have any point to them!
August 17, 2014 03:15PM
Trishab, message from ukinet , under the post 'Ladder':-

'Probably my fault.

I made a change 'again' last weekend to plug a hole but may have messed things up.
Then I had to take my partner to the hospital and I've been there with her all week, she had to have an operation yesterday and I've just not had the chance to even check things.

After the operation was a huge improvement so I'm a little more interested in doing some work. I'm not sure I'll get a chance today but I'll fix the ladder as soon as possible.'

Deborah
August 18, 2014 05:16AM
There are a few problems but generally the standard is very good.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄