Welcome! » »

500 comps/3,000 entries per week - anyone do more ?

Posted by whynotme? 
500 comps/3,000 entries per week - anyone do more ?
November 11, 2014 10:36AM
Hi

I've upped my comping hours recently. I am now averaging 500 different competitions per week and 3,000 entries per week. This is spread over a lot of minor prizes with a few big ones. I find it takes me about 4 to 5 hours per day. I don't know how I will go on keeping it up in the longer term - guess it depend if I win anything.

Does anyone do more than this ?

I'm hoping I might actually win something now. Any idea what the odds are ?

S
Re: 500 comps/3,000 entries per week - anyone do more ?
November 11, 2014 11:27AM
Never done this many but certainly was doing every single competition of this fab site. In two years, I won £1000 cash, a fully inclusive 4 night holiday to Butlins for 4 people, a two night stay at the Holiday Inn, Derby plus tickets to Derby Feste events, £215 worth of Liz Earle make-up, a pair of designer shoes, a VIP trip to Manchester Airport for 4 and guided tour of Concorde including lunch, countless tickets to gigs/festvals plus loads and loads of smaller prizes including cash amounts under £50. Then, from September 2013 to September 2014 I won practically nothing. Filling in the forms became a daily grind and became too much. I know the law of averages will mean that my luck will come back, but I am much more selective with my comps now - cash, cars and holidays - that's one reason why this site is so good, the competitions are categorised. It's paid for itself (re the subs) over and over again. Good luck and please let us know how you go on.
November 11, 2014 12:45PM
Hi Pippin

Do you do the facebook comps as well.

I have never done a facebook comp. Does the link take you to a form to fill in like the online links ? How do you know if you have won ?

I am a bit scared of facebook and very rarely look at. I suppose I would have to check it regularly ?

S
November 11, 2014 01:00PM
The link takes you to the Facebook page where the competition is. Usually you have to 'like' the Facebook page to have access to the competition form. This means that in the future your Facebook account will be receiving all sorts of 'junk' that you don't really want. I have to admit, I set up a new Facebook account and kept that one entirely for competitions to keep my main Facebook account 'clean'. I'm generally a Facebook fan and, apart from the junk mail, don't think there's any problem with Facebook competitions. However, I don't recall ever winning anything via Facebook but I'm not sure. I don't do Facebook competitions any more purely for the reasons stated in my earlier post, and not specifically because it is Facebook.
January 30, 2015 04:44PM
How many prizes has this effort yielded?
January 30, 2015 08:52PM
I enter most competitions on this site and have done so for a number of years. I have only won a few minor prizes and am concerned that the real purpose of these competitions is to obtain personal details for marketing purposes. I am bombarded with e mails and calls to my mobile from various companies. I often wonder what percentage of the advertised prises actually exist. I always mark my entries to exclude marketing follow up but this does not always work. When I did use the CC e mail facility I got over 3000 emails to that address

John
January 31, 2015 05:35PM
Hello again

Well I have kept the effort up for 3 months - 4 hours or more per day - and have won 18 prizes. Total full retail value of prizes is just over £500. Nothing of real value - a couple of DVDs that I wanted, golf books, kiddies hoodie etc. Some are overvalued in the competition hype eg books that no-one wants and valued at full original price, when they are available much cheaper. I have had to chase a few of the promoters as prizes have not arrived well after maximum due date.

Best is a spa day for 2,which only includes 1 treatment each value about £30 each, - but you can use the pool etc and it includes lunch. So I think that's okay.

I will keep going, as if I am winning small prizes, maybe the next batch will include a good one.

Susan
February 01, 2015 02:42PM
Yes I do more.
February 01, 2015 04:30PM
I wish I had the time to do more. Between working (only part time), walking the dog, trying (and, in the main, failing) to keep the house & garden looking respectable I don't have enough hours in the day. I suppose I could always stop blathering on here... winking smiley that'd give me more time!

Deborah
May 03, 2015 02:07PM
i spend 12/14 hours a day comping do roughly 2000 a day so i do more yet ive only won minor things
i enter everything including facebook twitter pinterest and instagram many sites all magazine comps very time consuming
i dont think it matters if you enter 100 a day or 2000 yours odds are the same as most comps are computer generated
and yes im bombared with junk email/spam phone calls
it all gets a little frustrating
May 03, 2015 03:51PM
How on earth do you find 2,000 competitions to enter per day? confused smiley

Deborah
May 03, 2015 03:54PM
How on earth can you find 14 hours per day to enter competitions?confused smiley
May 03, 2015 06:02PM
Must admit, the two questions above crossed my mind too
May 06, 2015 05:18PM
8 am while 10pm with breaks for food etc
and the comps with the prefix winit dailys are at least 80 different websites all with anything from 2 to 30 on each page
all prizefinder this site facebook twitter and a few others
i admit i dont always get all entries in as too many and i tire but yeah they are and if you have pateince and time you can too

even with all that im not really winning just the odd rubbish prize
it shows how hard it is and how many must enter x
May 06, 2015 07:14PM
Nope, I don't have the patience, nor the time. Definitely not the time! I think I would be a candidate for the old overcoat that fastens up the back if I were to do 8am - 10pm. smiling bouncing smiley

Deborah
May 06, 2015 08:14PM
Wow lizziejayne - that is dedication. I literally only enter the competitions on this site and, in 3 years, have won about £2000 cash, 2 short holidays, about 4 prizes worth roughly £200 each (including designer shoes) plus over 20 small rubbishy prizes. Surely you're due a decent win soon.
May 07, 2015 07:49AM
you have done better than i have

i would love a decent win
i dont know where i go wrong
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄