Welcome! » »

Entered/ignored competitions mark off facility not working

Posted by Specky 
Entered/ignored competitions mark off facility not working
July 27, 2011 09:58AM
Is anyone else getting a problem with marked off competitions re-appearing not marked off next time you enter this web site?

Whenever I look at competitions I either enter or ignore them and mark them off accordingly in each section i.e Cars, Cash etc
Over the past couple of weeks if I log out the Web site the items remain marked off when I return. However, if I switch my PC off then return to the site later or next day, the items I HAD marked off are no longer marked off. This is really irritating as I lose the places I reached on the lists.
I occasionally get a message appear along the bottom of my screen saying,"An add on for this site is not working properly". Checking my PC I cannot find any add on relating to Competitors Companion. I have checked all my PC and security settings and can find nothing wrong and this site is the only one I use regularly that I am having problems with. A friend who maintains computers has checked my machine and can find nothing obviously wrong with it or the settings and believes it may be a web site problem.

My PC is a Dell desk top usiing Windows 7 Home premium, Internet Explorer 8 & Google Home page with Norton Security.

I have asked Competitors Companion twice about this by using the site based internal e mail but have not not yet had a reply.

If anyone else is exeriencinhg similar problems or has any ideas I would be pleased to hear.

Thanks.
Re: Entered/ignored competitions mark off facility not working
July 27, 2011 01:28PM
Hi,

The complog system is working fine.
All I will say is that it is handled server side in conjunction with your account, so as long as your browser is functioning correctly then it will work.

The fact that you say it remembers the ignored/entered comps while you're using the site suggests that your browser is working ok.

I'm a little confused as to the message you're getting though? "An add on for this site is not working properly"

Is this from an addon you use?
July 27, 2011 06:54PM
Have you tried using an alternative browser and seeing if it's the same? Or maybe upgrading to IE9?

If it's an add on that's not working correctly then it could be either flash or java. Or you could reset your browser (tools/internet options/advanced/reset internet explorer) as this should repair any faults... but you will lose all your favourites.

I use chrome and have never had an issue. Try that?
July 27, 2011 10:41PM
Hi- my browser appears to be working fine. I cannot understand the message, (which appears to be Windows 7 originated), that an add on for this site is not working properly. I don't have one loaded for Comps Companion but the message gave me the impression that it was add on from Competitors Companion as opposed to something on my own PC. I have checked all add on's on my list and have switched them all on and off in turn and tried the Comp Log but nothing makes any difference. Have tried a different browser but also no good. I have checked flash and Java and they were installed & working but I reloaded them anyway and still no difference. I am totally at a loss as is my professional computer friend who has checked my system. Thanks for suggestions anyway. If I haver any success I will post the fact.
July 28, 2011 10:03AM
Hello to Balboa and Ukinet my Comp Log now seems to be working correctly after trying things you both suggested.

I had not reset my browser before posting info about this problem as the browser did not appear faulty or unstable and everything else worked correctly. . Anyway, I took your advice and reset the browser and hey presto- everything now seems fine and working normally on this site so thanks for your help.

I did try Google Chrome before resetiing my existing browser but that made no difference so went for the browser reset option instead and am now glad I did.

Thanks for the advice an d good luck with the comps.

Regards Specky
July 29, 2011 10:06PM
HELP PLEASE!! Spoke too soon.Logged in again to-night and everything on the comp log gone again and left with bare lists with all mark off missing. Cannot understand it. Anyone any more ideas please? -Have tried different browser, reset internet explorer, run system restore back three weeks to where things started acting up, done every known check and scan I can think of and complog wiull still not work properly again.
August 27, 2011 05:39PM
I am having the same problems.

Using Google Chrome but the system is not remembering when I have clicked to indicated that I have entered the competition or clicked on Ignore.

It works sometimes but is so inconsistent and I spend lots of time re-visiting competitions.

Any help would be appreciated

Baz
February 07, 2012 11:29AM
The Comp log is AGAIN not working properly for me.. This happened before and I tried various suggestions from other members and have recently had my PC checked but it appears NO fault at my end and all my settings inc Java and Flash are OK
Whenever I mark off a comp as entered it remains showing marked off. Whenever I mark off a comp as ignored it shows as marked off tillI switch off my PC. On returning to this site next time I switch my PC on then ALL the ignored comps previously marked off are no longer marked off. It is very frustrating and time consuming having to recheck all again.
I have written to Competetitors Companion by E mail to-day from this site and last week by both e mail and snail mail but they have not replied so far nor did they reply at all on a previous occasion this occurred in summer 2011.
Can anyone please help or advise. Thanks Specky
February 07, 2012 02:29PM
Specky Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> The Comp log is AGAIN not working properly for
> me.. This happened before and I tried various
> suggestions from other members and have recently
> had my PC checked but it appears NO fault at my
> end and all my settings inc Java and Flash are OK
>
> Whenever I mark off a comp as entered it remains
> showing marked off. Whenever I mark off a comp as
> ignored it shows as marked off tillI switch off my
> PC. On returning to this site next time I switch
> my PC on then ALL the ignored comps previously
> marked off are no longer marked off. It is very
> frustrating and time consuming having to recheck
> all again.
> I have written to Competetitors Companion by E
> mail to-day from this site and last week by both e
> mail and snail mail but they have not replied so
> far nor did they reply at all on a previous
> occasion this occurred in summer 2011.
> Can anyone please help or advise. Thanks Specky

Are you using Google Chrome?
If so it's a known fault with the browser, I can replicate the problem in Chrome and there is no fix as of yet. The browser just doesn't handle sessions right. There may be a work around but it's not a pretty change and could cause more problems on the site, I MAY test it in the next updates.

I found to get it working correctly you have to login and browse other pages on the site, you'll see the login and password box appear at the top again, re login until the browser accepts the session data and the links to your profile remain in the top right.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/07/2012 02:31PM by ukinet.
February 08, 2012 04:11PM
I have also had this problem, also had my computer checked from the local computer shop where i bought it, and they said there was nothing wrong with my browser either. I just don't use the ignore and just click them off as thou i have entered the competition,
February 12, 2012 04:01PM
Chrome is horrible with lots of forms - i never have the same problems with IE, firefox or safari (i would reccomend the latter for anything really)
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄