Welcome! » »

PREMIUM RATE COMPETITION ENTRY OR FREE INTERNET ENTRY?

Posted by Christabel49 
PREMIUM RATE COMPETITION ENTRY OR FREE INTERNET ENTRY?
January 01, 2012 07:52PM
I often wonder if competition sponsors ever actually choose a winning entry from those received over the Internet if there is also an option for competitors to enter by using a premium rate telephone number. I suspect that they choose a winner from someone who has spent money entering. I'm thinking particulary of the itv competitions where you can enter up to 6 times to win a huge amount of money. I guess you can also enter while the programme is on TV by ringing in although I don't know this for sure.

The same thought has occured to me about the Take a Break comps - I suspect that they will choose the winners from those entries that have arrived by mail proving the entrant has actually bought the magazine.

Has anyone ever won any of these ITV comps by internet entry? Or are we wasting our time?
Re: PREMIUM RATE COMPETITION ENTRY OR FREE INTERNET ENTRY?
January 02, 2012 10:03PM
i have done take a break, chat ,and other competition books by post for years i have not won anything also i have been doing competitions for several mths now on the internet and still won nothing i dont know what the answer is really
March 08, 2012 08:31PM
I have been on this site for about month now, just had email from channel 4 saying runner up in comp I would never have entered if not for this site and free won Eco friendly goods for house so very chuffed
July 14, 2012 09:14AM
I won an ITV comp from an online entry - so yes, winners come from theresmiling smiley
July 14, 2012 09:52AM
Fantastic! I have been trying for years and wondered if they were a bit of a con, winners from the premium phone line only,etc.

Great to hear someone winning one. Fingers crossed my turn soon!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 16, 2012 07:22PM
I enter many competitions every month, Internet, a few phone and postcard entries, and i must say i have more luck with my postal entries compared to Internet entries, but yes i have lean spells, but the saying goes "You got to be in it to win it" So all you compers that keep moaning you have never won, either take a short break or carry on comping as at least on this site we get direct link into comp and answer, other sites who may not charge do not give the answer and the link is not direct to page.
Another thing is peoples budgets, if you can afford premuim rate calls to enter then do so, same with postage, but to enter something that you have the same chance as winning as Phone/Text/Postage, enter for FREE No Brainer!!!
July 16, 2012 08:13PM
My profile doesn't say when I first joined CC(although it may come up on this posting) but it must be 3 years. In that time I've had only 3/4 little wins........and I must of done literally thousands and thousands of comps. Must admit it gets a bit disheartening!!! I'm gradually losing interest and won't renew again.

edit: It comes up that I registered today! It is my first post.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/16/2012 08:17PM by celeriac.
July 17, 2012 08:07PM
has anyone ever won a take a brake comp via the online form? Or is it only the postal entries that win?
July 18, 2012 12:02PM
I won

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 12:05PM by celeriac.
July 18, 2012 12:10PM
Hopeless to even try to post sometimes!
July 18, 2012 12:12PM
Trying to say I won

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 12:13PM by celeriac.
July 18, 2012 02:47PM
Hello Celeriac

Do you mean you've won a prize from Take a Break from entering via the Internet?
July 18, 2012 03:18PM
from Take a Break

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 03:23PM by celeriac.
July 18, 2012 03:24PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 03:25PM by celeriac.
July 18, 2012 03:26PM

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 03:27PM by celeriac.
July 18, 2012 03:28PM
celeriac Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> twenty five pounds

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/18/2012 03:29PM by celeriac.
July 18, 2012 04:14PM
WAS IT ONLINE OR POST?
July 18, 2012 04:27PM
This is hard work!!
July 18, 2012 05:07PM
July 18, 2012 05:07PM
Phew!!! lol
July 19, 2012 07:14AM
Have a right to moan about not winning when the same names crop up again and again,enter hundreds,and not even a tiny win been on this site for 3 years and I think it is a fantastic site just don't understand why the same names crop up on the winners page.Can any one clarify the reason for this and before anyone says they are dedicated compers I am a VERY dedicated comper just need even a small win to keep my interest going.
July 19, 2012 10:00AM
I think the problem may be there are just so many people do the comps, not just here but thru facebook/twitter etc. Its a bit like the Premium Bonds.....last time I checked quite some time ago there were 27 BILLION bonds and only about 25 prizes from five thousand up. Needle in a haystack!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/19/2012 10:02AM by celeriac.
July 19, 2012 04:32PM
Have to agree. However, although it's a cliche "you have to be in it, to win it". it's a numbers game, pure and simple. My brother has been entering comps nearly as long as I have but i win around 10x the stuff he wins. There no magic formula just pure blind luck!!smileys with beer
July 20, 2012 07:24AM
Need some luck then
September 18, 2012 11:29AM
I`ve often wondered this too. Its good to know some people have wins this way. To be honest, I dont get many wins, but in the days when postal comps were the only way to enter, I used to have tons of wins. Yes, it is pure luck. X
May 03, 2014 05:39PM
Normally if there is a postal entry option as well as online, text or phone each method is supposed to have an equal chance, so I always enter online where possible, why waste money!
May 08, 2014 05:59PM
Yes!
I won £10,000 several years ago from 60 minute makeover, and had never watched the show and only ever enter online or by post as i will not pay those ridiculous phone costs to enter a comp. So just keep trying and you never know
May 09, 2014 08:57PM
That's reassuring to know, haggis. I think we all feel a bit unsure about this one.
May 10, 2014 01:09AM
Mr/Mrs Muncher

Well done you! It's good to hear about these big prizes being won, it spurs me on to keep on trying. ('This time next year, Rodney...) Hope you treated yourself to something really nice. thumbs up
May 21, 2014 08:11AM
All "responsible" competition runners will certainly give as much precedence to online entry as they do postal or premium phone entry. At the end of the day, someone who enters on-line has had some direct advertising thown at them - and has maybe even had to register.

I feel sorry for the people who do call premium rate numbers to enter competitions - they probably have no idea just how many are entering on-line for free. In the case of programmes like "Real Deal" I wouldn't be at all surprised if the revenues from the phone calls cover the cash prize!
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄