Welcome! » »

newbie help please

Posted by newbie 
newbie help please
April 28, 2012 07:22PM
Hi i am new to comping so would be grateful of any help, those that seem to always be winning do you just use one site? I have lots of free time to spend comping but have no idea what to enter etc and do i even have a chance of winning?
Re: newbie help please
June 21, 2012 12:34PM
Hi and welcome,

Seems not many people look in here often. I am guilty smiling smiley

In answer to your questions. Enter everything you possibly can and you will always be in with a chance of winning. Try not to get despondent and give up if you don't win something for a while. Winners often come in gluts. Try to treat all wins as a bonus and look upon the time you put into comping as being just a way to pass the time. If you enter enough competitions for a long enough period of time you will win things. Sometimes the prizes will be stuff you don't want. Give it to someone who wants it or donate it to charity for a raffle or bran tub or something. Eventually you'll get something that you will really want. Though sometimes I think the things I've given away have given me more pleasure than the things I've kept.
June 24, 2012 03:51PM
I joined Competitors Companion on 19th April 2012 and enter all competitions on their site except the ones under the two tabs on the right (slogan and pay). As I'm entering the different company's competitions, I always agree to subscribe to their newsletters. This means I'm receiving 10+ newsletters a day which I quickly scan for more competitions before deleting them (just in case CC hasn't picked them up). I allocate 1 hour each day to entering competitions. For the big cash prizes (ITV etc), I enter as many times as they will allow. I also enter extra times for prizes that particularly take my fancy.

Results so far:

1. May 2012 -
June 24, 2012 07:23PM
June 24, 2012 07:28PM
sorry - half my post is missing - don't know why
July 18, 2012 12:20PM
Hopeless isn't it!
July 18, 2012 04:16PM
Have you tried a different browser, I had this problem with ie8 but now use google chrome and it works every time!
July 18, 2012 05:09PM
I'm using G chrome
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄