Welcome! » »

Same Winners Time After Time- Not renewing my membership

Posted by Specky 
Same Winners Time After Time- Not renewing my membership
May 08, 2012 10:46AM
I am not renewing my membership to Competitors Companion when it expires. I am fed up with not winning anything. OK, Yes so I have had a few minor wins and that's all and most of them have NOT been via this site. I am sick to death of seeing the same names appearing as winners day after day after day and yes, I do know they post their own winning details. Yes, I know I may be a little bit jealous but come on isn't it time other entrants had a fairer share of the prize cake too. I also blame competition organisers & sponsors who too must surely notice that the same few people seem to clean up nearly everything. I am totally fed up and disgusted.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 05/08/2012 10:52AM by Specky.
Re: Same Winners Time After Time- Not renewing my membership
May 18, 2012 01:28PM
I too am amazed at the same winners time and time again. However I do not think that CC could have any input into this. What would be the point? There are people who are lucky and others like myself that rarely win but get the rewards in other ways.
I have a sister in law who wins things constantly, should it be a ballot on a night out or a bet on the horses. I will keep on trying anyway.
May 22, 2012 04:17PM
I imagine those same few people have the time for some reason to enter all the competitions many times - it's a numbers game. I try and enter every contest on here every day, and win something maybe every 2 months - i reckon i am about
May 29, 2012 12:41PM
I have been on comp site for over 2 years won NOTHING at all not even a small win do comps on other sites too,and I too am fed up of seeing the same names crop up time and time again.
June 08, 2012 11:00AM
When I posted my original comment about the same winners time after time appearing on the winners list on this site I in no way thought, believe nor wish to imply that Competitors Companion have any control over who or who does not win. I am just fed up of trying and getting nowhere whilst some people seem to clean up everything.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/08/2012 11:02AM by Specky.
June 08, 2012 10:07PM
Specky. Remember, you have to be in it to win it. I have been comping for over 40 years and have had some fantastic prizes (including trip to FIFA World Cup 2010 in South Africa). Also I have lots of lean periods when nothing seemed to go right. Regarding Competitors Companion, it is a wonderful site which certainly improves your chances. Firstly they catch practically every current competition; they provide a link and more often than not a big bonus - the answers. Hang in there Specky - your moment will come.
June 28, 2012 12:48PM
Still waiting for any sort of win this is a good site and I enter almost everything,but one person on the winners page has won 12 things how can this be
July 08, 2012 07:56AM
I must have been extremely lucky.

Won 2 hols from here plus a washing machine last year.

This year I have won a music system.

I spend up to an hour per day entering competitions.

Good luck all spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
July 17, 2012 09:07AM
I enter every comp on this site I update it every day and after over 2 years not a single win of anything.I love this site but am very disheartened enter comp by pst as well must be very unlucky.
August 03, 2012 04:06PM
I have to say i have had a good first year - i try to enter every competition, though i avoid the facebook ones. I will certainly be renewing, and i've reccomended the site to a few people.

yes, you do see the same names amongst the winners, but perhaps they are people with a lot of time on their hands - it's quite simply a numbers game.
August 11, 2012 08:54AM
well been on this site for 3 years now and have not won a single thing I have every comp going on this site,think I may be wasting my time but I will still carry on and may be,just maybe I might get lucky one day.
August 28, 2012 05:13PM
I entered the johnsonsbeauty/brighter day every week for 6 weeks and won a prize each week. I bet the prizes exceeded the number of entrants. Those who claim that THEY SPEND AN HOUR A DAY COMPING SHOULD REALISE THAT THAT IS NOT ENOUGH.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/28/2012 05:16PM by comping4ever.
August 29, 2012 02:35PM
well some of us have to work I have every comp going on this sight and I hour is all that I can afford to spare what more can people do except enter every comp on this sight
September 13, 2012 04:07PM
I have had good and bad years, this year is so far an awful year.
I spend about four hours a day trying to find new comps and entering those listed the trouble for me is I belong to several comping clubs magazines etc and worry that I duplicate entries at times.
What annoys me is I never see people posting so called massive wins like the daily mail cottage or ITV comps with
October 19, 2012 08:51PM
I've been on this site for two years now and probably spend about an hour a day entering comps (sometimes less depending on work). Won a holiday in Thailand after 9 months using the site (didn't bother to post it on the site though). Would say I enter pretty much everything - nothing so far this year though but certainly can't complain. Am going to stick with it - it definately is a numbers game with a bit of luck thrown in,
January 20, 2014 08:21PM
I've subscribed to this site for several years and initially did well, gave up for a while and this year started entering again, so far this year I've won Three small prizes, one of them just today "Rupert the Dinasaur" from CC - will keep entering a few each day, keep trying everyone and good luck
February 09, 2014 09:34AM
I've been on this site since it's inception and subscribed to CC long before it went online.

I enter as many competitions as I can find time to enter, both on here and elsewhere. That's was great when I was at home all day but now I'me back at work it's more difficult.

In the last 10 years I can count the number of competitions I've won on the fingers of one hand - although the one I did win was a rather flashy motorbike which I figured made up for the years of nothing.

As others have said, it's a numbers game and the luck of the draw. My 'competitions' email is bombarded with hundreds (literally) of emails every day as a direct result of the competitions I've entered - which is why I set up a specific email account for entering competitions. Ironically, the motorbike was one through a different email address...!

The lack of wins doesn't make me give up though. You've got to be 'In it to win it' .

Keep your fingers crossed and keep the entries going and one day you'll win something!
February 14, 2014 06:21PM
I think that there is no doubt that this site results in many winners, good luck everyone.
May 20, 2014 02:46PM
Having only just joined the site, and subscribed, I do think it's worth the fee simply to be able to see all the comps at a glance. I hate to think how long it would take me to trawl the web searching for comps.

For me it's something to do in my spare time - if I do win something it'll be a bonus! I'm sure it provides more return on investment than a few lottery tickets smiling smiley

As for the same winners appearing all the time... good for them.
May 20, 2014 05:50PM
Well, that's entirely your prerogative, of course. I don't keep a record of which competitions I enter so I don't know whether my wins are a result of being a member of C.C. or not. Also, I'm not one to post my wins so you wouldn't know about my recent good fortune. But, I know that I wouldn't be made aware of many of the competitions I win if it wasn't for C.C., not only the ones that appear on their website but from the subsequent emails from the companies providing the prizes. So thanks C.C., either directly or indirectly I've won some splendid, and quite a lot of not-so-splendid prizes, thanks to the site. Edit: Just want to make it clear that this post is in reply to the first post in the thread - I'm just a little slow with my replies!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/20/2014 09:05PM by kevincharley.
June 19, 2014 07:26AM
kevincharley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Well, that's entirely your prerogative, of course.
> I don't keep a record of which competitions I
> enter so I don't know whether my wins are a result
> of being a member of C.C. or not. Also, I'm not
> one to post my wins so you wouldn't know about my
> recent good fortune. But, I know that I wouldn't
> be made aware of many of the competitions I win if
> it wasn't for C.C., not only the ones that appear
> on their website but from the subsequent emails
> from the companies providing the prizes. So
> thanks C.C., either directly or indirectly I've
> won some splendid, and quite a lot of
> not-so-splendid prizes, thanks to the site. Edit:

Exactly the same with me, and I suspect many more.
> Just want to make it clear that this post is in
> reply to the first post in the thread - I'm just a
> little slow with my replies!!spinning smiley sticking its tongue out
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄