Welcome! » »

spam email

Posted by whynotme? 
spam email
November 14, 2012 04:14AM
I am a bit nervous that entering my details in all these draws etc will result in me being deluged with spam Emails, even though I am careful to tick the "NO" box on communications. Anyone any experience of this ?
Re: spam email
November 14, 2012 09:40PM
Hi. Why, don't you create a throwaway email address?
November 22, 2012 11:10AM
Since I've been doing competitions, I have been inundated with marketing newsletters. However, I don't tick the 'no' box. I don't tick any box unless it's compulsory. I would rather spend the time doing more competitions than reading the small print. I do, however, have a completely independent email address that I use for competitions and nothing else. This makes it simple to delete spam emails. Now and again, when the mood takes me, I do have a session of unsubscribing from the different emails.
February 09, 2014 09:35AM
Absolutely vital to set up your own 'competitions' email account which you don't use for anything else and can therefore 'throw-away' when you get more spam that you can be bothered to deal with.

Hotmail, Yahoo, Gmail and loads of others offer free email accounts and you can have as many as you want.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄