Welcome! » »

Hotmail??

Posted by scareu 
Hotmail??
January 07, 2011 10:24AM
Hi all and Happy New Year,
My membership is due for renewal shortly but in the 12 months I've been registered I have never won a thing, nothing at all, and I'm wondering if it may be due to my hotmail e.mail account, as someone has mentioned that they "don't get through the system". Anyone know if there's any truth in this or am I just really unlucky?! eye rolling smiley
Thanks in advance
S x
Re: Hotmail??
January 10, 2011 12:55AM
I don't know if this true or not, but I do know that at times mail has been failed from my hotmail account. Hotmail is not that secure, I know for a fact that some of my friends cannot get mail from mine when they are in work, so it may be worth you opening another web account, ie yahoo. Saying that I have won stuff by submitting a hotmail email, and I have had replies to my hotmail account from comps I have entered.
January 13, 2011 10:17AM
I use a google mail account because I like to keep my private one seperate and that seems to work ok =)
January 13, 2011 01:13PM
I joined CC last month and use a hotmail address. On Monday I had an email to that account saying I had won a
January 14, 2011 03:12PM
Thanks all, must be just unlucky then!!! xx
June 09, 2011 12:37PM
Some competitions require you to validate your entry by clicking on a link in an email they send you after you've entered. In these situations if you don't click the link then unfortunately your entry doesn't go into the draw.
February 14, 2013 05:06PM
@Illusive, I also use my gmail account for misc stuff, however have you ever found that sometimes you receive 3rd party emails on your personal that perhaps stem from sites that you've joined with your gmail? Its been rare with me but still spooky all the same. Affiliations maybe?
May 03, 2014 05:37PM
To win at online comps takes a lot of time, I always enter all the comps on Competitors Companion apart from a few I don't want to win. I do comps every day, and I do win sometimes.
May 21, 2014 08:00AM
Some companies will block hotmail.com addresses - I used to work somewhere that had that policy. It was down to the fact that it used to be incredibly easy to create an "anonymous" hotmail account, so they were favorites of spammers and phishers.

It's always worth looking in the spam folder of your e-mail as some competition-related e-mail replies could quite easily be mistakenly flagged as spam.
June 19, 2014 07:29AM
I doubt that using Hotmail should have any relevance to whether you win.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄