Welcome! » »

Two Tribes

Posted by Pippin 
Two Tribes
July 23, 2015 04:53PM
Completely random post, I know, but I'm going to be on Two Tribes with Richard Osman this Sunday afternoon (26th July) - BBC2, 4.30pm.

"I'm Lesley, a secretary from Nantwich in Cheshire".

Pippin
Re: Two Tribes
July 23, 2015 07:29PM
Wishing you good luck for Sunday Lesley, hope all goes well for you. You're a lot braver than me! thumbs up

Deborah
July 24, 2015 08:12AM
Good Luck!
July 24, 2015 03:02PM
Thanks guys - I have to confess though that, although they like to give the impression that it's live, it was recorded some time ago
July 24, 2015 03:10PM
It's not a programme I watch but will try and remember to look out for you on Sunday. As it's prerecorded, wishing you luck is not going to help but hope you enjoyed the experience!
July 24, 2015 07:16PM
Thanks Kris - had a lovely day at Elstree Studios
July 25, 2015 10:20AM
As you already know the outcome I'm guessing you did rather well in which case, well done!

Deborah
July 25, 2015 01:38PM
Hi Deborah

Well this will be my 12th television quiz show appearance and whether I've done well or disastrously, I've always let friends and acquaintances know the broadcast date - as the producers encourage us to do.
July 25, 2015 08:21PM
Wow, you're becoming quite the celebrity! Don'y you get nervous? I've phoned in to radio shows before and I've gone completely to pieces and come across as a total numpty. Good luck in any future appearances.

Deborah
July 26, 2015 02:10PM
Thank you Deborah. Though I beg to differ about the 'celebrity' bit.
I just totally love the whole process - from going to the auditions and meeting lots of like-minded people, usually in a nice hotel in Manchester, to very occasionally getting to go on an all expenses paid trip to take part in the actual TV programme - usually in London.
I know what you mean about nerves but everyone is in the same boat and usually things calm down after a few minutes. I believe 'Tipping Point' is looking for contestants at the moment - that's a show that combines general knowledge and luck - go on, give it a go.
July 26, 2015 06:02PM
Lesley, I caught the show earlier. It's the first time I've watched Two Tribes and what a brilliant ending, you were so positive with your answers in the final. You were a deserving winner.

I'll give Tipping Point some thought - maybe I'll see you there?

Deborah
July 26, 2015 06:48PM
Thank you so much for watching, Deborah and thank you for your kind words. The final fell just right for me - had it been most other subjects and I wouldn't have had such a good chance.

Unfortunately the new bed never materialised and the old one is still going boing boing in the middle of the night. The BBC put the £1000 directly into our current account - we should have taken it out straight away, but didn't - and before we knew it, it had been swallowed up by credit card bills, fuel bills, council tax etc etc.

Never mind – it gave Richard Osman a laugh!

Tipping Point - look out

Lesley
July 27, 2015 06:28AM
Congratulations on your superb win! I watched the show for the first time yesterday, just to see you and not sure that I'd bother again but was really pleased for you.
July 27, 2015 03:33PM
Well done, Lesley - just watched you on i-Player.
July 27, 2015 05:04PM
Thanks Kris and Aldonza - never did get the new bed - thank you both for watching
September 21, 2015 07:19AM
Sorry I missed it, I admire everyone who go on TV quiz shows, it must be quite daunting. Well done.

Mike
September 21, 2015 11:16AM
Thanks Mike
May 17, 2016 02:25PM
I'm on TV again! This time it's with my son and we're on 'The Code' at 2.15pm this Thursday afternoon (19th May) on BBC1. It was filmed at Elstree Studios back in February and Matt Allwright was lovely.
May 18, 2016 12:05PM
Good for you! You're making a bit of a career of this, hope it all went well for you.

Deborah
May 18, 2016 01:26PM
Thanks Deborah. It was number 13. This year it's 20 years since my first - 'Backdate' with Valerie Singleton.
May 19, 2016 10:42PM
Just watched you on Iplayer and my heart was really racing! It's another show that I've never seen before but I think it's brilliant. You both did really well and I'm sorry you didn't manage to find all the code. Thrilling to watch!
May 20, 2016 02:53PM
Thanks for watching Kris - so near and yet so far. If it gets a second series I'd really recommend it to anyone who fancies trying a TV quiz show but hasn't been quite confident enough to go for it in the past. You've obviously got no opposition and you can have a team of up to 3 so all questions and answers can be discussed together
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄