Welcome! » »

Nuisance calls after entering a comp

Posted by Kim 
Kim
Nuisance calls after entering a comp
May 06, 2019 05:01PM
Is anyone receiving nuisance calls from a woman called Nina from a digital trading company? I made the mistake of registering my home phone in a comp (instead of mobile), and she keeps phoning up trying to get me interested in currency trading, even though I have told her I am not interested and to remove me from the mailing list. Last time she got aggressive and hung up on me. She has just called again and started arguing with me saying she called me on Friday, and that "no that's not how it happened" and I did not tell her I wasn't interested! She has a foreign accent and is called Nina. I have told her I am going to make a complaints about her and her company, but not sure how to go about it.
Re: Nuisance calls after entering a comp
May 07, 2019 09:21AM
I get a few spam calls like this.

A fun way to handler it is just keep them on the line agreeing with everything they say, or just put the phone close to you and keep humming and ahhing to waste their time. Or just go along with it never actually doing anything they say, just pretend you are.

You can also register your number with tpsonline.org.uk but if they're outside the UK then it may not help.
May 07, 2019 07:58PM
Ask your service provider if they can block the call. Failing that I can lend you my husband who is excellent at dealing with nuisance calls!

Deborah
Kim
May 14, 2019 01:36PM
That's a great idea - have a bit of fun with them. It's just annoying that now different people from the same company are calling. I hung up last time. They are so annoying. I am registered with the TPS so I feel sure they are calling from abroad.
Kim
May 14, 2019 01:37PM
Thanks. I work for the telephone company so I know UK calls have already been blocked. This one is from overseas, which the TPS cannot do anything about unfortunately.
May 21, 2019 05:37PM
I have loads of blocked numbers, trouble is I think that spammers have access to a huge number of numbers - new and old.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄