Welcome! » »

Site changes and the future.

Posted by ukinet 
Site changes and the future.
December 03, 2010 08:36PM
You may have noticed the new site, it was changed for various reasons, the main reason was because the old site was written a very long time ago and any changes were organically added to it making maintenance and changes a very hard job.

This time it's written in a very modular way that allows us to make changes and add features with relative ease.

That being said what can you expect? We'll I have a list as long as my arm and apart from any current teething troubles (please go easy on me), Here are just a couple of things I will be adding in the coming weeks/months.

An affiliate program.
You will be able to earn extensions to your upgrade by simply passing on your ID code or posting a link to this site in your blog, forum signature or email signature, I am hoping to have this done this weekend, keep an eye on your profile page for the system generated link.

Competitors Companion Leader Board.
We have some idea to create a little 'in house' competition where you can generate points by using this site to be the best comper and appear on a seasonal league table, all in the name of fun, maybe with a prize or two.

Bringing back the auto entry system.
Along time ago we played with a system where we could take your details and enter competitions for you, it created several problems, but we had a re-think and hope to make it work this time, this will save you time on entering competitions.

There's more but I'll leave you with that for now.

As always this site is built for you, to make your comping easier, if you have any ideas or constructive criticism please make use of the suggestions forum below, I understand some people might not like change but really it was necessary to improve the site and move forward.
Re: Site changes and the future.
December 30, 2010 11:12AM
is there any way we can delete or mark as read comps from the main list , without actually opening them?
January 10, 2011 01:32AM
Agree with Superscouse about being able to delete without going into the comp, any chance ?

Also is there any way we can have a pm system ?

By the way thanks for all the work you are doing on here.
January 21, 2011 02:11PM
Hi,
I will be adding a strkie through the comps you have entered on the site home page soon.

You want some sort of button or link to click on each section so you can set the strike through without going into the competition details?
January 24, 2011 10:01AM
yup a strike through on each section so we can set the strike through without going into the comp would be greatthumbs upsmileys with beersmileys with beer
Re: Site changes and the future.>grinning smiley<smileys with beer
February 13, 2011 07:19PM
Super strike through on the home page,brilliant, shows you take note of what members say, thanks a million
Re: Site changes and the future.>grinning smiley<smileys with beer
February 14, 2011 08:13PM
super strike is great but is there a way that once you have entered the competition can it be deleted of the list of comps so you are not just scrolling through comps that you have allready entered ?

cheers
and good luck
February 17, 2011 12:53PM
If you strike through a competition by mistake, can you make it possible to remove the strike through, please?
February 17, 2011 09:08PM
Hi
When I strike through a comp that is half way down a main page, it jumps back to the top of the list and I have to find my place again. Any way it can strike through but leave me where I am in the list.

Many thanks

Dave

Sorry but I emailed you with this before I discovered this Forum topic
April 05, 2011 12:37PM
Hi,
This is certainly possible but I wonder why you would want to do it?

If you accidentaly set one as ignored or entered when you havent actually entered it, could you not just enter it before moving on? I just dont want to add more and more links to the list and make it more busy than it needs to be.
April 28, 2011 10:31PM
love the strikes and the twoo options on the side ignore and entered but could we have a better colour option so it stands out mote when they have been done instead of strainnig to see whoch ones have been done
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄