Welcome! » »

How many competitions do you enter?

Posted by debboo 
How many competitions do you enter?
October 17, 2014 08:34AM
Hello everyone

I have been a very inactive member of this site for a number of years but after reading of many wins and friends wins on my facebook page I though I would give it another go. As I wasn't feeling very well last weekend I stayed home and must have entered around 1000 on line comps. Surely the law of averages says I must win something? I was wondering how many competitions people enter and what your success rate is.

Apologies if this question has already been asked. I will try to catch up with all the posts on the forum.

Good Luck everyone smiling smiley
Re: How many competitions do you enter?
October 17, 2014 08:53AM
I enter a huge number and have had very nice wins, I do nearly all in Competitors Companion and use many other sites and sources. Its takes a lot of effort, as I am retired I have the time to spend on comping.
Den
October 17, 2014 03:55PM
I enter most of the competitions on this site as well as other sites and get quite a few wins. The only ones I don't do are the twitter ones as I don't have a twitter account. I do spend a lot of time every day entering competitions but I have quite a routine working my way through them all. I do find that I seem to go through periods when I don't win anything but then several come all at once.
October 22, 2014 10:32PM
Thank you smiling smiley
November 14, 2014 08:15PM
I also enter most competitions on this great site. I have won next to nothing and I am concerned that I am disqualifying myself by not agreeing to join mailing lists or be contacted by the competition organisers.
Also I just wonder how many of the prizes are actually awarded. I know that not every one posts their winnings on the Winners page, but looking at the number of people on the Ladder, there is a very low number of prize winners. I would have expected more!!!
November 15, 2014 02:01AM
I enter the majority of competitions on C.C. and probably the same amount again via other routes. I go through phases of winning a prize a week for a month or so then have a dry phase where I win nothing, become disillusioned and threaten to stop entering - I only ever get as far as threatening, I'm totally hooked, (I admit to being somewhat obsessed!). I've asked several of the competition organisers how many entrants there have been in the competitions I've won. Some refuse to answer(stating data-protection is the reason they can't give me an answer which seems odd as I'm only asking for a number, not the details of the entrants) but those who have replied have quoted entries as being in the thousands. So, you have to be very lucky to win - especially the larger prizes - if you're entering prize draws. Shanners, I don't agree to receiving mail shots either but it doesn't seem to affect the chance of winning. At the end of the day, the odds are probably many thousands to one against you winning but it's so great when you do it's worth the effort (very little) and time (rather a lot) that you put in.

Deborah
November 16, 2014 08:17AM
There are more win from this group than we know, for example I do not post to the Winners page - I should I know but I'm too busy entering competitions!
November 16, 2014 01:21PM
I agree, I am on a hot streak at the moment but whenever I post a win it takes ages to show if at all.
November 16, 2014 06:33PM
Hi

I have just upped my game. I am now doing over 500 different comps a week, with about 3,000 entries a week - on the daily ones. So far only won a book - an old unpopular biography I would say. I use this site and 4 others, but the main problem is the question of duplicate entries. Some comps automatically refuse a duplicate entry - saying you have already entered, but how many disqualify me without my knowing ???? I have no idea. I can't seem to devise any tracking system that isn't way way too time consuming - ie I enter many less competitions if I track them , so I take a chance and hope the balance of more entries vs duplicates will be in my favour

Susan
November 16, 2014 08:21PM
I have to rely on my memory to avoid duplicating entries, so some inevitably slip through. T&Cs vary but many do disqualify multiple entries.
February 02, 2015 02:46PM
i enter about 8 thousand a week around 14 hours a day yes really its been ages since i had any wins
i try so hard and enter all on this site all on prizefinder facebook twitter pinterest all magazine comps dailys my offers getmeaticket etc
its very frustrating and tedious at times as i have no time for myself or a life
i dont know what im doing wrong
there must be thousands of people entering even the most basic comps
ive even seen 5 thousand entries for a 5 pound amazon voucher its ridiculous
i guess more people win from a computer generated winner? so does more entries where allowed really help?
im told by my family im just sad and have no life
it would just be nice to win a big prize like a holiday
yet some win all with very little effort
sorry to rant on its just i try sooooo hard for what reward?

jayne
February 03, 2015 03:26PM
Must avoid computing becoming an obsession. It's fun, not tedious.
February 05, 2015 06:12PM
Jayne
My Offers waste of time, as way too much spam mail generated and never hear of winners
i do about 600/750 a month i only pick stuff i want to win.
Why don't you have a holiday from comping for a couple of days and read some of the compers blogs to see how they are winning,
Pinterest and skill comps less people enter so more chance of a win smiling smiley
Hope you get a win soon
February 07, 2015 09:31AM
If you have a skill and willing to make an effort your chances of winning are much higher. I guess comping is rarely frustrating to those lucky people who have such skills. e.g. photography, slogan writing, handicrafts, music, poetry writing, even writing a book!
February 08, 2015 11:22AM
thanks all
i do know easy to enter prize draws are prob the hardest to win as have most entries
i do try caption and slogan comps but not many of them
February 13, 2015 01:07PM
At least 50 per day sometimes over 100 per day
April 08, 2015 10:51PM
hi i enter 20 -30 comps a night for at least the last 6 yrs and have not won a thing. dont know what i am doing wrong
good luck with yours
April 09, 2015 08:59AM
Kauritree

You're probably doing nothing wrong but I admire your stamina. I recently entered a competition for a one night hotel stay to which there were over 12,000 entries - I didn't win - but it gives you some idea of the odds against you.

Take a look at the type of competition you're entering. Look out for local competitions and those that need a little more effort than simply entering your email address. (But you probably know that already!)

Good luck.

Deborah
December 11, 2015 03:07PM
Hi all - I know a lot of the posts on here are old but it's an age old discussion among compers!

My plea - please don't comp if it makes you unhappy or frustrated. There are so many hobbies out there that are worthwhile and you can gain so much from smileys with beer
Enter what you would like to win and with time that is spare. Good luck!
December 12, 2015 10:31AM
I still do a huge quantity but have enjoyed fantastic wins. I gave up Twitter last year as I found it unbelievably boring and laborious, it gave us many wins but few were high value. We won two amazing holidays last year, plus short breaks. Never give up is my message ... so good luck everyone, and oh , have a very Happy Christmas. Happy Comping in 2016!
December 30, 2015 10:50PM
One poster claimed to enter eight thousand comps per week with no result. I have been comping on and off since 1972 and have had lots of wins though never a holiday but the small prizes are very welcome.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄