Welcome! » »

Comps not opening and logging.

Posted by ukinet 
Comps not opening and logging.
February 28, 2018 08:46PM
Hello,

I've had a few emails saying that since some changes they can no longer use the quick link icons to open a new window and log the comps.

It's not the changes that have caused this, it is an update Apple have made to their browser, it could possibly affect other browsers too, I just haven't heard from anyone or seen this problem on any browsers I use.

Two things we're causing a problem, the tooltip where you'd get the answer if you hovered over the quick link icons and the function that would reload the list in the background so the competition would appear logged when you went back to the list.

It seems both of these things have been disabled. I have included the answer on the latest/ending soon list so you don't need to hover, and disabled the page refresh. The competitions will still be logged, you just won't see it until the page reloads.

We'll look for a fix.
Re: Comps not opening and logging.
February 28, 2018 10:01PM
Well hopefully the first icon will now log and reload on all devices.

Not sure if the tool tip will be back but the answer is presented anyway.
April 03, 2018 09:30PM
Hi

I've noticed over the last couple of days that my coin balance isn't shifting. No biggy but thought you should know.

Deborah
April 18, 2018 08:33AM
kevincharley Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> Hi
>
> I've noticed over the last couple of days that my
> coin balance isn't shifting. No biggy but thought
> you should know.

Hi Deborah,
Is this still the case for you?
Coins aren't awarded for every action regarding entering competitions, only if you use the open and log buttons.
The idea is we reward people for actually visiting a site and entering the competition, we can't tell if you visit a site just by logging it so we have to go by clicking the open and log button only. This also only rewards points and coins if the competition was added after a reset.
April 21, 2018 08:29PM
Andy, it seems to have resolved itself. Sorry, I should have said.

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄