Welcome! » »

Spam emails since joining CC

Posted by Mikenovak 
Spam emails since joining CC
August 21, 2015 05:03PM
Does anyone else have an issue with constant spam emails since joining CC? Currently I have nearly 6000 emails which are 99.9% spam..! thumbs down
Re: Spam emails since joining CC
August 21, 2015 05:35PM
I get a lot of emails but not many of what term as spam. The Barclays/Natwest/HMRC/Paypal kind of spam seems to come in bursts, I'll get several for a week or so and then it'll tail off for a while.

Yes, I get a lot of mail from the companies offering the prizes and a lot of people would class these as junk but as they very often contain links for other competitions I have no problem with them.

Deborah
August 21, 2015 05:51PM
I can understand getting offers and newsletters - that's part of the game with comping, but these are 'phishing' emails - i.e. pretending to be from a reputable source but asking me to confirm my details.. yeah right like i'm going to lol smoking smiley
August 21, 2015 11:31PM
Someone I used to know joined and complained she received a lot of phishing emails too. I can't hazard a guess as to why some people seem to receive more than others. Sorry. confused smiley

Deborah
August 22, 2015 06:08AM
I get many junk emails but usually my spam filter picks them up so they don't clutter my inbox and I usually review and delete them daily.

Comping generates follow ups which may not get into spam. Promoters make money by sharing address lists, I suspect its impracticable to stop information being shared although its not supposed to happen where the box is ticked on the competition entry form.

I also get junk phone calls and junk snail mail but the quantity is manageable. I never give my home telephone number except to friends and relations, just my mobile.

So usually I wouldn't call it an issue, more a minor annoyance.
Den
August 22, 2015 09:18AM
I used to get loads of junk emails but most of them have an unsubscribe link on the bottom somewhere. I started clicking these links and now get very few of them. The trouble is you have to enter a lot of the competitions you have to sign up for these emails and newsletters but I find by unsubscribing on a daily basis I manage to keep them under control. As for the phishing ones I forward them on to my service provider BT who deal with them.
August 22, 2015 08:31PM
Unfortunately, with the CC email account there is no 'spam filter' - this issue I am having is is only on my Competitors Companion email account - my other personal emails are fine - yes, I get junk mail and can unsubscribe if I want using my own personal email accounts - but using my CC account I have no control over the emails so I can't reply, delete, unsubscribe or filter anything. And I was told that emails over 3 months get deleted - but so far none have...?
August 22, 2015 10:17PM
Ah! That's the difference. I never used the CC email account, I was too suspicious of it. and now I'm glad I didn't. Sorry you're having so many problems. Up until 12 months ago I'd have advised reporting it to the administrators but recently we've had something of a communication blackout and we seem to have been cast out, bobbing along on our own with a teaspoon for a paddle and a sieve for bailing. Good luck with the spam. Sorry I can't offer anything other than sympathy.

Deborah
August 24, 2015 09:59PM
Appreciate the sympathy Deborah thumbs up
April 27, 2016 06:31AM
comes with the joy of comping unforetunately
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄