Welcome! » »

Is this a concern?

Posted by Cosmic 
Is this a concern?
June 26, 2014 01:22PM
I have read that when you click a link the promoters can trace the link to the comp site, this applies to all internet comps.

Apparently some sites have openly said they will not send out prizes to winners who are traced back to a comp site.

Is this a cause for concern when using CC please?

Any suggestions relevant?

Mike
Re: Is this a concern?
June 26, 2014 01:42PM
Where did you read this?

While it's possible to see where a person has come from, most of the time (a few browsers now don't present referral data), do you really think a competition organiser would operate such a practice?

Also, when companies run a competition where do they think the visitors are going to come from?

Personally I would take this information with a pinch of salt.
June 27, 2014 05:41AM
It comes from a reputable source.

It does seem odd to me as I'm sure most competition promoters want to maximise the number of entrants and I hope, therefore, they will also welcome those using competition sites such as CC.

So I'm relieved its not something that seems a concern smileys with beer

Many thanks for your prompt response.
June 27, 2014 09:10AM
So name your 'reputable source' and let ukinet - or anyone else who wishes to - check it out.

Deborah
June 27, 2014 09:41AM
Hi Deborah, I don't wish to do that. I am happy to exit this discussion now in view of ukinet's comments. It seems its not a concern.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄