Welcome! » »

Multiple Entries

Posted by DAINL37 
Multiple Entries
December 27, 2010 03:13PM
Hi Everyone

A question if I may.

As a new start to internet competitions, I am only entering once into any competition. If the rules of a comp don't specifically state only one entry per person / email address and you would really like the prize, is it OK to enter a number of times. I don't think the sponsors would be happy if they receive 20/30 entries from a lot of compers or perhaps they don't care after all, they will only give out the prizes on offer.

What do people think - is it OK - do they do multiple entries. Mind you if I do start doing multiple entries I'll need an extra day in every week to get through them all.

Good luck everyone
Re: Multiple Entries
December 29, 2010 11:54AM
hot smileythumbs upsmileys with beer
If the rules dont preclude multiple entries fine go ahead, the sponsors software will sort out the entries for their marketing requirements, age group, car insurance,etc etc.The computer will select random winners. I personally dont send in multiple entries, sometimes if the prizes are really good i will enter my wifes details as well. Hope this is useful, good luck to everyone and a happy new year
December 29, 2010 03:48PM
Thanks - I think I will do likewise - best of luck
January 10, 2011 01:07AM
I have been comping for over 10 years, online has changed things for the better and in my experience the rules online will tell you how many times you can enter. For instance the ITV comps can usually be entered between 3 and 5 times. If you enter an online competiton more than is permitted you will be given a message refusing you entry.It doesn't disqualify you for your other entries though.
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄