Welcome! » »

Conundrum

Posted by kevincharley 
Conundrum
January 11, 2018 09:48PM
If any of the C.C. team read this, please could I query the following:

Clue 1, answer was submitted and since submission the message 'You have already entered this competition.' has been visible.

Clue 2, answer was submitted but the answer box is still available making me think that my answer has not been accepted.

Now, the rules state 'Only one answer may be submitted for each clue and for the Conundrum solution and so please do not submit more than one answer.'

I've already submitted twice, thinking there was maybe a glitch in the system or that my internet connction had failed at the time of submission. But this is day 3 and I think it would be too much of a coincidence for this to have happened again.

So, which is it? Have I disqualified myself by submitting the same answer twice? Or has the answer not been received?

Deborah
Re: Conundrum
January 12, 2018 09:41AM
I have done the same so have the same question.

Mike
January 12, 2018 12:41PM
Yes - Clue 1 has a '1' by it indicating it can only be answered once. Clue 2 has a 'D' by it indicating it can be answered daily.

D = Enter this competiton daily.
1 = This competition can only be entered once.

Just wish CC would be consistent.
January 12, 2018 11:07PM
Ahhhh! All the years I've been on here and I've never even noticed that.

Thanks Lesley

Deborah
January 29, 2018 06:37PM
Well!

The conundrum won't be won by me, that's for sure. I thought I'd got all the 6 answers correct but was expecting something other thn what they've given us for the final 'clue'.

Good luck everyone.

Deborah
January 29, 2018 07:57PM
Confident I've got all 6 answers - but I can't solve the conundrum

Lesley
January 29, 2018 09:06PM
That makes me feel a little better!!

Deborah
February 01, 2018 10:41AM
Likewise , I agree with the above , am quite looking forward to seeing the answer .

Sally
February 01, 2018 05:41PM
Yes - I'm looking forward to finding out what the answer is too.
February 01, 2018 08:03PM
So am I - think I got the 6 answers OK, but unfortunately no clue as to the final solution!
February 04, 2018 07:09PM
Just plucked a place name with 10 letters in it out of thin air and answered the conundrum again
February 04, 2018 08:38PM
Good luck!!

Deborah
February 05, 2018 09:08PM
Not a clue this is the hardest puzzle I've ever attempted
February 06, 2018 09:59AM
I must admit, I'm usually pretty good at this type of thing - as is my daughter. Neither of us have a clue. Can't wait to hear the answer.
February 07, 2018 09:39PM
Well, there's a limited amount of towns with 10 letters so one of us has to guess correctly soon!

Deborah
February 08, 2018 08:37AM
Glad I saw your comment Lesley about the "D". I'll just work through my list of 10 letter towns too! I was expecting something totally different than what "they" asked for the answer to the conundrum. In fact after day 3 I was certain I knew the answer!!
Warren
February 11, 2018 10:19AM
well if my six letters are right , which I believe they are , there is more than one answer to this Conundrum. I am very disappointed that the clue to the answer does not point you in the right direction , rather than the answer being one of pot luck .I do enjoy a Conundrum, but in this case I feel the site has rather let us down .
Dont know if others are of the same opinion ??

Sally
February 11, 2018 03:58PM
I hadn't even seen the extra 'clue'. My guesses have been wild stabs in the dark!

Deborah
February 11, 2018 11:17PM
I agree Sally. I was expecting to be able to solve the conundrum from the 6 answers we were asked to collect, not rely on two extra clues leading us to an answer which may end up being a random partial anagram!
Warren
February 12, 2018 04:59PM
This thread's getting a bit like the ladder thread of sometime ago, Deborah - he he

Just hope when we eventually find out the answer, it will be something we can say 'oh yes - why didn't I think of that?' to.
February 12, 2018 09:30PM
And now we know. Fair comment I suppose.answer wise. I reckon whoever set this worked at Bletchley Park in the war cracking german enigma codes or does a bit of temping at GHQ in Cheltenham
February 13, 2018 07:20AM
It was me what won it (to pinch from the scripts of Ernie Wise), but I hadn't cottoned on to gathering all the letters from each clue town. I'd Googled a list of 10-letter towns and was simply entering each day one of those which contained all initials from my answers - I had Coggeshall as the last potential on my list before Eccleshall secured it!
February 13, 2018 10:44AM
well done on your win! I too had those answers along with winchelsea

sally
February 13, 2018 11:45AM
Fair doos. But boy, that was difficult.

Well done, Teddy G. Well deserved as there was some method in the way you got to the answer. Bit cross with myself for not thinking of your logical method.

Bring on the next conundrum, CC
February 13, 2018 12:44PM
The explanation reminded me of 3 2 1 it made no sense whatsoever.
February 13, 2018 04:40PM
Congratulations!

That was a bit like pulling teeth towards the end. I'm pleased that I got the individual 6 answers but it seemed to fall apart at the make-the-connection stage.

Wonder if there'll be another???

Deborah
Sorry, you must have a Nickname set in your profile to post in the forum, click here to set one now.

˄